Premed 101 Forums

Issues with items not being received?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

orchid...im in the same boat as u...2 of 3 are there, while the third one (should have, and im pretty sure did) send it in before one other referee....as someone else said, a) those idiots could be processing the newest ones first,,,(but i doubt it)...or B) i dont have a b...:) by I wouldn't e-mail yet...cause you could potentially be agititating someone you might need as a reference in the future...I'd call OMSAS on monday (i will cause im in the same boat) and ask them "do u guys still have a lot of references to plug in? should i be contacting my references at this point to see if they sent it in?" and if they say "we still have a couple hundred....id wait one day, and then contact ur referree...and as i mentioned before, referees is sorta "a better problem to have" albeit still a problem, but u can reprint the forms and get them to refill it if it got lost in the mail or something,,,,i dont think u will need proof for this either, so dont stress YET

orchid...im in the same boat as u...2 of 3 are there, while the third one (should have, and im pretty sure did) send it in before one other referee....as someone else said, a) those idiots could be processing the newest ones first,,,(but i doubt it)...or B) i dont have a b...:) by I wouldn't e-mail yet...cause you could potentially be agititating someone you might need as a reference in the future...I'd call OMSAS on monday (i will cause im in the same boat) and ask them "do u guys still have a lot of references to plug in? should i be contacting my references at this point to see if they sent it in?" and if they say "we still have a couple hundred....id wait one day, and then contact ur referree...and as i mentioned before, referees is sorta "a better problem to have" albeit still a problem, but u can reprint the forms and get them to refill it if it got lost in the mail or something,,,,i dont think u will need proof for this either, so dont stress YET

hey thanks so much for the reply... much appreciated.

maybe I'll give omsas a call on Mon as well. anyway keep me posted... glad to hear I'm not alone on this one!

My transcript which was sent over from the Caribbean and dispatched since the first week of August, only appeared as received this weekend. They said at OMSAS that they should get everything in order by the end of next week in preparation to dispatch the verification letters. So keep your fingers crossed and things may hopefully fall into place soon enough.

Cheers

B

My MCATs are still pending on OMSAS even though I released them almost a month ago on THx. Wasn't OMSAS supposed to enter in the data for received MCAT scores today? Anyone else's scores still pending? Thanks. I know I'm being neurotic but I don't trust AMCAS nor OMSAS (I've experienced their inefficiencies in the past).

Archived