Premed 101 Forums

Verifier was contacted!

Hello,

I just thought I'd let you know that one of my verifiers was contacted. They asked my verifier to confirm my role, duration of service, and hours and any additional information.

What does this mean??? Is it a good sign because they're still considering me (seriously enough so to take the time to contact a verifier), or is it completely neutral and random?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I just heard from a second verifier saying that UBC contacted them to verify dates, etc.

What is the statistical probability of them randomly checking one applicant twice, when the entire applicant pool is well over 1000? Still random, or is this normal in the pre-interview stage?

Any thoughts?

Hey,

I just heard from a second verifier saying that UBC contacted them to verify dates, etc.

What is the statistical probability of them randomly checking one applicant twice, when the entire applicant pool is well over 1000? Still random, or is this normal in the pre-interview stage?

Any thoughts?

Relax, you'll find out in 3-4 weeks either way!!!;)

Keep in mind that some verifiers who are contacted don't necessarily inform you that they've heard from the school.

Good luck

Hey,

Any thoughts?

Maybe it's not the verifier that is random, but the applicant. They may randomly pick applicants and contact some of their verifiers.

I am just trying to say you shouldn't read too much into your verifiers being contacted. It may or may not mean something.

I just had a verifier contacted as well. I was thinking about it and I don't think ubc would waste resources (~ 11 days before interviews come out) contacting the verifiers of people who did not receive interviews. At this point, they have a list of interviewees and I think their verifiers are randomly contacted.

Does anyone think this makes sense?? I'm just trying to extract a positive message from the fact my verifier was contacted!!

i had a verifier tell me tonight that she was asked about hours...so i'd love to think it means something, but i really don't think it does. maybe if i get an interview i'll be more convinced; i'd rather not set myself up for disappointment though!

Like others have said, I don’t think you can read too much into the verifiers being contacted. Just relax :P.

Asclepius... acutually the last two statements didn't refer to verifiers being contacted. Just nervousness about the fact that we expect to be hearing soon in regards to interviews. Thanks for your advice though... best of luck.

Asclepius... acutually the last two statements didn't refer to verifiers being contacted. Just nervousness about the fact that we expect to be hearing soon in regards to interviews. Thanks for your advice though... best of luck.

I realize that. I was just referring to the general anxiousness that underlines this thread. Don’t get me wrong, it is completely understandable. I used to be a big worrier too but I have learned for the sake of my health and sanity to not worry about things that I cannot control :P. This was probably some of the best advice anyone has given me.

Good luck :)

Roughly 1700 applicants.

About 600 given interviews.

And approximately 250 accepted.

Not nearly enough manpower to check all of them.

A random sample is taken and random verifiers are contacted. Whether that random sample is from the total 1700, or from the 600 given interviews, remains a mystery to me.

Its possible verifier checks continue after interviews are given out too....

After January 21st, when the interm statistics are posted, I'll probably call them to find out. I've had 2 verifiers contacted so far.

Archived