Premed 101 Forums

Anyone hear about interviews?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received a rejection letter as well. I'm from Ontario, and my AGPA was 4.04 and my MCAT was 11.75. What sucks is that I got an interview last year with a slightly lower AGPA, but no love this year. My sneaking suspicion is that the AGPA cutoff is 4.05 this year and the MCAT cutoff is 11.5, but I have no proof, guess we can only find out if someone decides to contact the office.

If the interviews are offered solely on cutoffs, then I don't understand how foos got an interview while xyz didn't get one since xyz has a similar mcat but higher gpa. Maybe they are taking more into account than just cutoffs this year?

If the interviews are offered solely on cutoffs, then I don't understand how foos got an interview while xyz didn't get one since xyz has a similar mcat but higher gpa. Maybe they are taking more into account than just cutoffs this year?

I'm wondering that myself, I have decent volunteer and extra-curricular activities as well....I don't know what tripped me up

Who knows, maybe they just draw names from a hat?

I wonder if that 5 hours includes a tour...

Last year they gave everybody a tour so I'm sure the same will happen this year. For the OOP's, I'm sure rural doesn't come into play as the admissions board never reveals stats on applicants for that background. I am wondering...people may have good GPA/MCAT, but possibly not a lot of variety in EC's volunteering. Maybe 'well rounded' + Competitive GPA/MCAT may trump out high GPA/MCAT. Or maybe the remnants of last year's double cohort grads of Ont is causing a huge flux in applications across the country.

Who knows, maybe they just draw names from a hat?

I wonder if that 5 hours includes a tour...

haha, the tour will literally like 5 mins. that still leaves 4:55 for whatever else they have planned.

Mac made us write a stupid essay on the spot. So that doesn't sound too unreasonable I guess...

moose

For people that like to have an idea of to expect before they rip open the envelope..

If you can see a bright colored red-orange sheet thru the envelope, you probably have an interview. :P

other thing to note:

Nothing about the personal statement.

Expect to spend 5 hours.

Dates are March 8,9,15 (date/time) and are randomized.

Bring your special someone to the orientation session on Valentine's Day at 7pm.

For people that like to have an idea of to expect before they rip open the envelope..

If you can see a bright colored red-orange sheet thru the envelope, you probably have an interview. :P

other thing to note:

Nothing about the personal statement.

Expect to spend 5 hours.

Dates are March 8,9,15 (date/time) and are randomized.

Bring your special someone to the orientation session on Valentine's Day at 7pm.

Or just sit at home and watch the webcast

damn you canada post! why cant you work on the weekend!?! are there many ontarians who still havent heard anything?

I'm from BC and I still haven't heard anything either, if it eases your worries. I emailed them and was told that if I still hadn't received anything by Monday, I should contact them again. :o

Archived