Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rejected as well. BC resident, good grades, 37P mcat. Total disbelief.

Yeah I feel your pain. It is amazing that you did not get an interview!!

I thought I had an impressive application! Publications, awards, etc.

Only thing that is a flag are my undergrad grades from over 10 years ago, but I guess it does not matter what one has done.. published in the best journals, cured cancer, walked on water, etc. The first 2 years of university will always determine you ability to become a doctor, well at least at UBC.

Yeah I feel your pain. It is amazing that you did not get an interview!!

I thought I had an impressive application! Publications, awards, etc.

Only thing that is a flag are my undergrad grades from over 10 years ago, but I guess it does not matter what one has done.. published in the best journals, cured cancer, walked on water, etc. The first 2 years of university will always determine you ability to become a doctor, well at least at UBC.

I hear ya... grades from 8-9 years ago are probably what screwed me. The only upside is I can now drop Biochem II, which I only took to satisfy UBC and Manitoba (both of whom have told me what orifice to stick my application in). :rolleyes:

I hear ya... grades from 8-9 years ago are probably what screwed me. The only upside is I can now drop Biochem II, which I only took to satisfy UBC and Manitoba (both of whom have told me what orifice to stick my application in). :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw your mdapplicants profile and we are about the same age. You have a great application and I would keep going.

I have yet to receive notice whether I am rejected or invited (it is now 630pm alberta time)....but I was wondering if any one who was rejected had a verifier contacted within the last couple of weeks? I am curious if UBC would contact verifiers randomly or only those who they select for an interview....

Hey, I didn't apply to UBC but I've browsed DD's MDapps and for both of you guys: my advice would be to not jump the gun and instead consider the US as a better alternative if you don't somehow get into Canada (premature right now given how early it is).

The Carrib route is a quick fix but I have a feeling you might be setting yourself up for future headaches as an IMG.

Archived