Premed 101 Forums

Organic Chem and Athabasca

Only finished first half-credit of organic chem at U of t (CHM138).

Anyone know if I would be able to take the correspondence course at Athabasca (Chemistry (CHEM) 360 Organic Chemistry II) to fulfill the last half of UBC's Pre-req? E-mailed the office a couple time and no answer.

you can do orgo online and have it count? wow i didn't know that...i hope things work out for you

Well, I'm volunteering most of the summer in South America. I have internet access, but just need to come back in time at the end of August for a four day intensive lab session. Hopefully it works out.

How do you do the lab component of a correspondence class? Does UBC even care about the lab part?

I had issues with my prereqs but in the end they didn't seem to care, so you'll probably be fine so long as a little of everything is covered and you get the full credits...

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am also currently looking to complete the second half of my organic chemistry prerequisite. I have been searching relentlessly for someplace in Western Canada to take a course during summer session but I haven't had much luck finding one available. I had ruled out the possibility of doing it by correspondence because of the lab intensive nature of organic chem and because I had no luck finding such a course, so I would be very interested to hear how things worked out for you. Please share!

Archived