Premed 101 Forums

Clapping after a lecture?

bones

We clap too here at Queen's (class of 2011). We used to do it after every lecture, but then some people were upset about it diminishing the value and significance of clapping, so we've been clapping less.

We also sing "happy birthday" as a class nbetween breaks to classmates on their birthday.

After one professor witnessed our clapping, and then birthday song singing, she said that we were all "abnormally happy". LOL.

Jeez. When I read the thread title, I could've sworn somebody from my class started it (Calgary class of 2010). We clap for everybody. It started out because we were so eager at the beginning of the year, then it got a little weird since we even clapped after short announcements, and now we clap because nobody cares and we do it by reflex. It's hilarious

I haven't really analyzed the clapping behaviour of our class beyond the observation that it's too darn much... I'm always amused when a lecturer will preempt us with something like "You really don't need to clap today. My lecture wasn't that good." ;)

Archived