Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone. Just to let all of you waitlisters know. I recieved an e-mail about 5 min ago offering me a spot to my first choice site. I was given an offer to my second choice on June 13th. So there will be IP movement of at least one space. I'll try to make a decision asap so someone will hear good news soon! Hang in there!!

Hi Dott,

As I said, I was offered my first choice (june 26) following receiving an offer for my second choice (June 13). I had until today to make a choice. So there will definitely be one IP offer going out sometime after today. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a feeling that the rejections are going to arrive starting next week. Brace yourselves.

rejections? i thought it was still possible to be offered a spot as late as august 25th. isn't that what the message they sent out to all wailisted applicants said?

Hey I just wanted to write a little note of solidarity to you all. Last year I was on a waitlist for Queens (I didn't even get an interview for UBC) and it was so, so painful!!!!!!! And then I never got it. I really feel for you guys but it means you are totally on the right track right? I bet it was only a difference of a single point or so on the interview or something like that.

So good luck! And I'm sure you'll all make it eventually!

Sorry eastwest, I don't know the answer to your question. In other news, I heard from a friend that one of his acquaintances received a rejection off the waitlist via mail on July 11th. Now, I know this sounds questionable since this is not primary source material, but news is news is news.

What I'm wondering is, was it via snail mail or email? Did his/her online status not change prior to receipt of the purported snail mail? Oh, the life and times and joie de vivre of a UBC waitlister...

Sorry eastwest, I don't know the answer to your question. In other news, I heard from a friend that one of his acquaintances received a rejection off the waitlist via mail on July 11th. Now, I know this sounds questionable since this is not primary source material, but news is news is news.

What I'm wondering is, was it via snail mail or email? Did his/her online status not change prior to receipt of the purported snail mail? Oh, the life and times and joie de vivre of a UBC waitlister...

i would like to think they only sent these to the people who definitely had NO chance. my status has not changed and i haven't received any snail mail rejection as far as i know (out of the country right now). maybe there is still a bit of hope.

I just spam called the admissions office again and they said that no rejections had been sent out yet. They also said to hang tight until the end of July and that they couldn't tell me anymore information. :mad:

Edited to add:

This is nuts! It's already July 19th. Still no final word.

• 2 weeks later...
man...I haven't got my rejection letter yet. I hope I can get it soon so that this f wait would be over.

Haha!

Guys, I got a rejection letter a few months ago!

The rejection letter really isn't as good as you're making it out to be right now (although I'd offer a trade).

:P

I'm sorry to hear that :( What are your plans now, paulista?

well, i just got back from 3 months of traveling so working should be a good way to start. pull that bank account balance back into the black. eventually i'll have to start putting another application together, probably once the letter arrives so i can figure out where i need improvement.

can someone explain to me how it is fair that applicants who got rejected pre-interview received a breakdown of their NAQ scores, while people who got rejected off the waitlist only received overall file scores?????

ubc is so full of crap. :mad:

Archived