Premed 101 Forums

Orientation/Registration Info??

I spoke with the Admissions people this morning, and apparently, the first lot of orientation/registration packages was sent out last week. For those of us who aren't lucky enough to be in the first lot, we will have to wait until the person who's in charge of sending these packages out returns from her 2-week vacation. Her vacation started this week, and so let the countdown begin...

Got my long awaited package yesterday too...

Gives you information on course registration, orientation schedule for the first week and what to do before school starts (eg. immunizations and a few forms to fill out like emergency contact).

Hey, has anyone actually tried registering for the courses on beartracks? I just got my package yesterday, and went online yesterday to try and do it, but it didn't work, there was an error message. I'm wondering if that is because on beartracks I'm still listed as a graduate student in the speech-language pathology program. That was my plan B, and I was initially accepted into that program March, but later declined my position after I got into med... I did get accepted on May 15th, so I had thought that beartracks should be up to date by now! Just curious anyone has been able to successfully register!

Hey, has anyone actually tried registering for the courses on beartracks? I just got my package yesterday, and went online yesterday to try and do it, but it didn't work, there was an error message. I'm wondering if that is because on beartracks I'm still listed as a graduate student in the speech-language pathology program. That was my plan B, and I was initially accepted into that program March, but later declined my position after I got into med... I did get accepted on May 15th, so I had thought that beartracks should be up to date by now! Just curious anyone has been able to successfully register!

both my friend and I cannot at this point

If you were previously accepted into another program, you need to log onto Bear Tracks and 'Change Program'. Then I think you'll be able to register. I was accepted into the LLB program and registered after I switched the program.

hmm I looked into that and it says there are no programs I'm eligible to switch into.. oh well, no rush.. I guess it'll show up eventually.

Hey does anyone have troubles registering for MED519B in the winter? I get this error message when I try to add the class:

A Required Related Class (component SEM) must also be Selected. (14640,88)

There is an additional component (such as a LEC, LAB, SEM, CLN, etc.) required for enrollment that is missing. Complete the related component field(s) on the Class Enrollment Options and resubmit your request.

Thanks in advance!

i seem to recall that it asked me to enter a related class portion in a field: it asked for a class number. if you click on the button next to the field (i think it's a "?"), it will give you a course code description, and you click on it. then it takes you back to the previous page w/ the field filled in. then, you shouldn't have any probs. confused? good luck.

________

Honda Vt750

I wasn't able to register so I contacted the registrar's office through their website and explained to them that I couldn't change my program on beartracks and could not register in medicine classes. They just e-mailed me and said that had changed my program, and I can now register. So if you can't register I would give them a call or else send an e-mail and they should be able to switch it for you... I guess it doesn't really matter if you register ASAP since the classes won't fill up. The only class that has two sections is INT D 410 in the winter, one section is 2-4:50 and the other is 6-9 pm.

Archived