Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS 2008-2009 Application

Hi Halcyon,

Does anyone know if the Transcript request form via OMSAS is sent when you submit the application or right after when you fill it?

Hello there,

I have the same question, but haven't gotten there yet as I'm waiting on a mark from my spring/summer term (that I hope to enter). I haven't found any answer to this on the OMSAS site. Could anyone speak to this?

Thanks!

OMSAS doesn't sent it until you actually submit your entire application. I did see it in the application package somewhere, but I can't seem to log in at the moment to get the exact info for you. But, don't worry, until you submit you don't put in your payment info, and without paying for the transcripts, they won't be sent.

Chrail

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, similar to a post I just wrote in the video game, everyone usually puts sports they compete in as ECs, and not everyone plays sports, so go for it.

One more piece of advice is to list out everything for your 48 item list and see if you have too many to see if you need to cut some down, then you can cut the ones that are the least important to you. Rather than deciding what is good to put in the list, make a list of everything that might be good and cut it down from there if necessary.

is a verifier needed for the formal education and other?

should I put the number of the verifier in brackets?

eg: bla bla (2)

Wouldn't the formal education verifier just be your transcripts? Nothing else really makes sense since you have to send in transcripts for any post-secondary education you have ever taken.

Wouldn't the formal education verifier just be your transcripts? Nothing else really makes sense since you have to send in transcripts for any post-secondary education you have ever taken.

i think i just put the office of the registrar for my undergrad university for the verifier.

has anyone noticed that you can't include a verifier when you enter an activity in the "other" section of the sketch. that seems totally stupid, since i have some activities (ie. a health fair) that just don't fit into any other category, and i am sure they will not be taken as seriously if you can't include a verifier.

If you held different positions with the same organizations this can be listed as different items on the sketch right?

Yeah I think that would be a reasonable thing to do if the roles were all significantly different from each other. You just need to be careful to not appear that you are trying to pad the list.

What if you lost touch with a verifier for a certain activity? Should I not include it if I can't prove it?

Is there absolutely nobody else who could verify for you? It doesn't necessarily have to be the program/activity coordinator. A last resort could be an acquaintance/friend/family member who is aware of your participation in the activity...

Is there absolutely nobody else who could verify for you? It doesn't necessarily have to be the program/activity coordinator. A last resort could be an acquaintance/friend/family member who is aware of your participation in the activity...

When I applied I used a friend who participated in a particular activity along side me as verifier. But I used this individual as a last resort as they are not as authoritative as an actual supervisor.

Additionally, if you were active in campus life you will definitely have some students as verifyers as many would have acted in a supervisory capacity as club presidents etc. So don't feel shy using fellow students as verifyers. In fact NOSM phoned me last year as I was a verifier for an applicant whom I had supervised during one of their extracurricular activities.

i'm writing the mcat in the first week of september but my results won't be out till after the october 1st date for application. (GOD forbid!) I don't meet the mcat cutoffs for a school and I want to withdraw my application, will i get a refund? or is my payment due after my mcat results get in for oct 15?

help!

i'm writing the mcat in the first week of september but my results won't be out till after the october 1st date for application. (GOD forbid!) I don't meet the mcat cutoffs for a school and I want to withdraw my application, will i get a refund? or is my payment due after my mcat results get in for oct 15?

help!

you get no refund what so ever

Archived