Premed 101 Forums

Free backpack?

I heard this rumor that we get free backpacks at some point....

(And the fact that I see med student clones carrying those same green backpacks around hahaha)....

So I am in need of a new backpack, and if this rumor is false, I should really get one now as opposed to later. Does anyone know how exactly these "free/clone backpacks" came to being?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey lostintime,

If I recall from previous posts, you're headed to UWO. Last year at UWO, we got our backpacks just after the White Coat Ceremony. They are pretty decent backpacks as well. And, it's a good way to identify your fellow classmates in the first few weeks (or in my case, months) when you still don't know everyone yet! :)

Lucy

The backpacks have been around a while. I think my class (started in 1999, graduated 2003) were either the first or second class to get them (think the first). They seem to have gotten a lot nicer, from what I see of current/recent students.

The zipper is broken on mine, but my husband still takes it camping/snowboarding occasionally.

At first people do look like clones, and we had a bit of a problem with grabbing each others' backpacks accidently in class and the computer lab... but after a while it becomes a great way to identify other people in your med school year from around the country. When you're away on electives, at the airport, etc, it's nice to see someone with the same bag as you... you know immediately that they're a med student and in the same year. Occasionally I still see some antiquated dinosaur roaming around with a "Class of '03" bag!

the colors ought to have repeated right? i remember several years ago, the bags were blue too hmmmm

I have one sitting in my bedroom now (as Calgary starts early we get our backpacks early) and I would NOT classify the colour as baby blue.

Not even close.

I would say the blue is closer to a royal blue (a bit lighter) and the bag has black and grey accents. It's kind of the colour of the QuickTime logo...if that helps

Quicktime eh? That's a pretty good color. WAY better than baby blue! :rolleyes: Thanks for the clarification futdoc!

Archived