Premed 101 Forums

Free backpack?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Sherbrooke we got a few waterbottles from National Bank and Welch Allyn. Don't worry... your first few weeks should be filled with freebies ranging from pens to water bottles to lunch! The banks are particularly looking for your business.

Have fun all you new meds! Enjoy orientation/initiation/whatever they call it in your end of the woods! It should be a blast!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I just spoke with an agent with MD Management, and there definitely will be backpacks this year, despite complaints from UofT and UBC...They will be two tones of grey, and I'm stoked to rep it with pride!!

Yes!! Thanks for posting thoughtkinetic!

I just spoke with an agent with MD Management, and there definitely will be backpacks this year, despite complaints from UofT and UBC...They will be two tones of grey, and I'm stoked to rep it with pride!!

Will they still give them to UofT?? Last year they delayed giving them to U of T students because U of T gave their own students special bags themselves.

Hey guys,

From the UofT 1T4 fb group:

"Hi all,

This year, the CMA/OMA will be distributing the backpacks to your class. The colour and design of the backpack has not been made public yet, so be skeptical of any rumours that you hear. All I know is that it's by the same company (High Sierra) and it's fancier than last year's.

The MAA will not be distributing backpacks this year.

Love,

Team 1T4ientation (aka the O-Week committee)"

I'm guessing CMA/OMA backpacks = MD financial backpacks

... no, but the people on my bus route have associated them with med students, so the 5 days I wore mine, I got questions like... "My daughter has this fever that won't break, what should I do about it?" to... "Will you take a look at this fungus on my finger?"

I just use a regular bag.

Lol! I was just thinking that! I thought, "do I really want undue attention? And nosey questions? I'm only a first yr med student for god's sake."

Is the design the same for all universities?

I believe so, almost everything I had read about past years seems to suggest it is the same across the board. Although I heard something about UofT having a seperate one with a different sponsor. I don't recall if that was sometime in the past or the plan for this year.

Is the design the same for all universities?

yes the backpacks are identical for all universities excepting the logo of the provincial medical association which is embroidered on the bottom.

I believe so, almost everything I had read about past years seems to suggest it is the same across the board. Although I heard something about UofT having a seperate one with a different sponsor. I don't recall if that was sometime in the past or the plan for this year.

UofT had different backpacks for the first time for the class of 2013 (last year), i believe. Dont know if they plan on continuing this trend.

yes the backpacks are identical for all universities excepting the logo of the provincial medical association which is embroidered on the bottom.

UofT had different backpacks for the first time for the class of 2013 (last year), i believe. Dont know if they plan on continuing this trend.

Someone posted that UofT isn't doing them this year.

Archived