Premed 101 Forums

Free backpack?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not sure about the laptop compartment, but you could still get those zippered "sleeve" type cases (unless thats what you already meant). I dropped my laptop while it was in my targus laptop bag and a piece of the frame came loose :(, luckily i was able to snap it back together, but i would recommend getting a case anyway.

Quick question - do the bags have a laptop compartment built-in, or one that could easily be used as such?

I just got my tablet and figured there's no point in getting a case if I can just carry it in the backpack (which would be way more convenient anyway).

Judging by the spy photo posted above, the style of the bags have not changed.

If the bag style does remain identical, then there is a separate labtop compartment. It's not amazingly padded, but it is an "off-the-floor" design and does its job.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I like it well enough that I've been using it for the past week. It has lots of useful pockets - if I really need to carry a lot of stuff, I'll probably switch back to my old red one (which is actually only a few months old). Haven't tried packing my laptop in yet - I suppose that will be the rest test!

I like the bag. We actually got two bags. We got the blue CMA bag and a black UofT Medicine sling type bag. Both are really useful for identifying people in your class on the street or around campus. That reason alone makes it pretty cool. I think both bags are pretty nice for carrying stuff as well. If you only have a few notes (like when you are visit a hospital) whip out the black sling bag. If you have a bunch of stuff (like when your going to class) go to the blue CMA bag. For everyday stuff I tend to like the blue CMA bag.

wow! are they gonna start giving you clothes next!

Haha too late, we already got TWO t-shirts. I don't really like them and I think I will use them as PJs. :)

Plus I also got a water bottle, travel mug, book on Osler, clinical exam guide, lil' thing of mints and a years supply of pens and highlighters. So I guess you can say the freebies start early, as in day one of med school. But when you look at the tuition I pay you soon realise that many things are not really free, they only APPEAR free.... For example, the "free" private transportation I get too and from the hospitals.

Haha too late, we already got TWO t-shirts. I don't really like them and I think I will use them as PJs. :)

Plus I also got a water bottle, travel mug, book on Osler, clinical exam guide, lil' thing of mints and a years supply of pens and highlighters. So I guess you can say the freebies start early, as in day one of med school. But when you look at the tuition I pay you soon realise that many things are not really free, they only APPEAR free.... For example, the "free" private transportation I get too and from the hospitals.

What's the private transportation, the UHN shuttle bus?

Hey, you got the Osler book too? Think you'll actually read it? ;)

If I had time in my life I would take a look at it. But UofT pretty much owns me right now... But I took a history of med class a few years ago and learned about Osler. He is a fascinating guy being a Canadian who changed the medical world and all. The book probably is a good read. Maybe I will crack it open while doing an observership up north or something this summer. ;)

WHAT?! I WANT A STETHOSCOPE! We got a tshirt.

I tried to read Osler but it is the most BORING book ever. I bought the history of medicine book... "A scandalously short intro" ... it was excellent. Why can't they give us that one instead.

just to add to the list of free stuff...new brunswick students get a free stethoscope in first year and a PDA in 2nd year (you can take the monetary value of the PDA if you prefer) :)

ofcourse all the extra goodies from doctors NS - reflex hammers, tuning forks etc. oh and all the stuff from o-week (t-shirts, mugs etc.)

You’ve asked about it – now you can make it happen!

The search is on for MD Financial’s 2009 backpack colour. We’re inviting all medical students to cast a vote for your favourite colour. By doing so, you’ll be entered for a chance to win $300 from Future Shop!

Help create history. Vote Now!

I vote RED for the 2013s. The color is most important for finding classmates out of a crowd. So I THINK 2010 is blue (but a different style), 2011 was green, 2012 was blue... The reasonable options are getting limited... So red it is!

So I THINK 2010 is blue (but a different style), 2011 was green, 2012 was blue... The reasonable options are getting limited... So red it is!

Close!

2010 is blue/light grey. To be distinguished from 2009, which is the same blue but with dark grey in the middle.

The styles from 2009 to 2012 are all identical.

Keep in mind, you may be seeing first-year residents with 0T9 bags because they graduated from 3-year program medschools!

Close!

2010 is blue/light grey. To be distinguished from 2009, which is the same blue but with dark grey in the middle.

The styles from 2009 to 2012 are all identical.

Keep in mind, you may be seeing first-year residents with 0T9 bags because they graduated from 3-year program medschools!

bustylegs you are so hard core! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Archived