Premed 101 Forums

Application Question

Alright, so I'm filling out the primary application with everything but my MCAT scores (they are coming in Sept.). I haven't paid the fee yet because of that small chance I get lower than a 7 on one of the MCAT sections, which would disqualify me. So here's my problem: I have my referees ready to write my LOR's but require the UofA's LOR form which is found on the secondary application. To get to this secondary application, I need to pay my fee, which would be futile if my MCAT turned for the worse. Is there any way around this? Are the LOR forms generic or contain info specific to the applicant, otherwise I'd ask someone to forward me extra copies of their LOR forms.

Thx for any help.

LOR forms ask specific questions on them, but they're the same for every referee.

Honestly, I'd just wait if you're worried that getting <7 is a possibility. The app isn't due until October 15. As soon as you get your scores, finish the primary app and get your reference form sent to your referees. They'll have at least 2 weeks (I don't know when your MCAT is back) and you say they're prepared so I think that should be more than sufficient.

If money doesn't really matter and you doubt you got <7, just apply anyway. It's not that much.

Archived