Premed 101 Forums

2009 supplemental application questions

hey guys,

So I have applied to u of c and I am thinking of also applying to u of a and some other schools.

I just wanted to know what is involved in the u of a supplemental application.

Mainly I am concerned with the number of references and the type of reference letter they provide. I just don't want to max out my references or pay the fee before I know what I am getting myself into!

Thanks for any help, this site has been very useful!

• 1 month later...
I've got my first application part just about done, and I've been curious about what is involved in the supplementary app. Do I only get to access it when I pay my $115?

Yup!

Just wondering how much needs to go on there due to time constraints. It seems to me everything should go on one application...

It's not that much in terms of info, as you don't need to enter transcripts or an entire list of ECs. However, U of A does ask you to describe some ECs and doesn't give you much space, so it can be a bit time-consuming to deal with that section. Some of the questions include "Describe your 3 most significant awards and achievements," "List your employment record," "List 3 areas where you have demonstrated commitment to volunteer work." They give you 15 lines for each question, and each activity must include a verifier name and phone # after it.

Hope this helps.

Archived