Premed 101 Forums

Reference Letter Cover Sheet

Could someone upload this year's cover sheet? I'd like my referees to get started on the letters, but I'm also waiting for my mcat scores. Alberta requires payment upfront before letting us see the application and cover sheet. I'd hate to waste a hundred dollars in the event I don't get my desired score.

You can reply to this post and click the paper clip icon to browse for the PDF on your computer. Thanks!

So you want your referees to start writing you letters but you don't want to apply until you get your MCAT? What if your MCAT blows? Are you just going to say "jk, nevermind" to your referees? If I were your referee I'd be incredibly pissed off if you even thought about doing that, and I'd never write you a letter again. Just wait.

So you want your referees to start writing you letters but you don't want to apply until you get your MCAT? What if your MCAT blows? Are you just going to say "jk, nevermind" to your referees? If I were your referee I'd be incredibly pissed off if you even thought about doing that, and I'd never write you a letter again. Just wait.

You're absolutely right that it'd be unfair for them. I should have been clearer. I'll be informing them to hold out until I receive my scores. I'll be seeing them this week, so it'd be easier to give them the covering letter now.

Fair enough. Just making sure you weren't being really stupid :)

Here's the essentials of the cover letter:

On LETTERHEAD STATIONERY, please address the following four points in your letter:

1. Do you feel this applicant should be admitted into the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry?

Please explain why or why not.

2. Would you have him/her as your personal physician? Please explain why or why not.

3. Please address the moral and ethical characteristics of the applicant.

4. Please comment on any/all outstanding characteristics (the strengths and weaknesses) of the

applicant.

Then a series of checkboxes asking specific questions

• 2 weeks later...
Is it okay if the letters are sent without the cover sheet?

No, it's necessary. It's actually a confidential assessment form where your referee will rank your performance on various categories.

I tried to upload 2006's cover sheet, but get the following message:

Your file of 71.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.

Archived