Premed 101 Forums

Applying to UofM

yes it would be possible for you to apply and no it's not easier to get into than mcgill, but it's not harder either. (it's different... for some people it's easier and for others it's harder : more emphasis on grades, no MCAT, no LOR needed, etc.)

it's easier than mcgill. point finale.

but you will be biased against because you are anglophone (in my personal experience anyway)

also you need to pass the french test (85% or higher) at UofM to get an interview.

yes it would be possible for you to apply and no it's not easier to get into than mcgill, but it's not harder either. (it's different... for some people it's easier and for others it's harder : more emphasis on grades, no MCAT, no LOR needed, etc.)

but you will be biased against because you are anglophone (in my personal experience anyway)

also you need to pass the french test (85% or higher) at UofM to get an interview.

point final, no e. Geez the french test's not that hard at udm.

Guess who's back? Shady's back, tell a friend

Thanks theboque. I've alredy read a fair bit about it on the site that somebody just posted, but am waiting on a practice test I ordered on the internet to see how tough it is. I am an american, but did both my undergrad and masters at McGill and have been continuously dating franchophones, ;) so we'll see....

are you an anglo that passed the test? If so have you been in quebec a long time and/or taken a lot of courses? I'm just looking for a few first hand accounts to test the waters a bit....

Sorry i'm a francophone so the exam was really easy for me (99% without studying at all). But then if the exam's that easy for a francophone, it should be OK for an anglophone who has a decent level. Prepare yourself a little and you'll be fine.

Guess who's back? Shady's back, tell a friend

The test is not that easy, but definitely not impossible.

I am an anglo and I got 89% with minimal preparation.

But many ppl I know scored in the 75-85% range which is "good, but not good enough"

Archived