Premed 101 Forums

websites - humanities and canadian med school tuitions

Guest sazzafraz

Guest sazzafraz

Hi Ian,

I've been bouncing around for a while already and I cannot find a site that I know you posted a while back. It was the one comparing a bunch of stats for the different med schools including tuition. I'm also looking for a humanities site that I'm sure I saw here - I'm looking into barriers to medical school for various groups - ethnic, socioeconomic, etc

Do you recall these sites at all?

Tx

saz

Guest Ian Wong

Heya,

Good to see you. I think the first website you might be referring to this one. Unfortunately, it's a bit out of date, and later on in the thread others have pointed out some errors in it.

pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm0.showMessage?topicID=203.topic

For the current most accurate stats on med school admissions, I would visit the ACMC website and pull a copy of these documents.

www.acmc.ca/publications.htm

Your biomed library should have copies most likely, and if not could order them in for you so you don't have to fork out $$$.

I'm not recalling that humanities website that you're referring to, perhaps someone else knows? Here's a couple surveys that may get you a little bit closer re: gender, race stuff with admissions:

pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm25.showMessage?topicID=15.topic

pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm21.showMessage?topicID=15.topic

Here are the two surveys published this year in the CMAJ run by the CFMS regarding the effects of Ontario tuition deregulation:

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> Effects of rising tuition fees on medical school class composition and financial outlook<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/166/8/1023?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=medical+school+tuitions&searchid=1033450056778_1683&stored_search=&FIRSTINDEX=0&journalcode=cmaj

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> Characteristics of first-year students in Canadian medical schools<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/166/8/1029?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=medical+school+tuitions&searchid=1033450056778_1683&stored_search=&FIRSTINDEX=0&journalcode=cmaj

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Archived