Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites are out!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OOP....Got a rejection AGPA 4.0 MCAT 14.7

o well...it was a long shot anyway to apply OOP

...You got a 44T or 45S? Or did you write that wrong? You clearly got rejected because I think the minimum apgpa for oop is 4.1 but I don't think you have anything to worry about, haha.

I'm starting to wonder if I even applied here....

maybe my application never made it in the mail:confused:

either way....my stats aren't as good as some of the oop rejections so I won't hold my breath

flame did you just get that e-mail or did you get it at 2:45? Just wondering if their e-mail system is slow..

I no longer understand how I got an interview over others with some of the OOP rejectees.

Chosen via drawing names out of a hat, imo

I bet you have lived in a rural area/did a rural EC..but I can't think of any other reason.

I love how the rejection letter implies our GPAs and MCATs aren't good enough, when some of us here have MCATs in the top 5 percentile haha. Gotta love canadian med admissions.

OOP....Got a rejection AGPA 4.0 MCAT 14.7

o well...it was a long shot anyway to apply OOP

Wow I really need to start proofreading my posts before I start looking like an idiot. I DID NOT get a 14.7...haha it was an 11.7

Did UM increase the number of seats/interviews for OOP students this year, looks like cut-offs may have gone up? Not that I would have made last years anyway but some of the other OOP rejections are suprising...

No interview this go, 11.75 MCAT and I think ~4.05 GPA as an OOP. I had an interview last year and never ended up getting in off the waitlist.

Changing the extracurriculars section into a volunteering section definitely hurt my application because my volunteer work alone is fairly nondescript.

Hey y'all.

I'm somewhat perturbed now. The letter I received states that the interview offers were based on AGPA and MCAT results. If there was anything that I thought would hold me back from interview, I certainly didn't think it was going to be either of those.

Do you think it's a good idea to contact someone in Admissions to see if a mistake has been made, or to see if they will take another look at my file?

Thanks everyone, and congrats to those who're taking the next step!

Hey y'all.

I'm somewhat perturbed now. The letter I received states that the interview offers were based on AGPA and MCAT results. If there was anything that I thought would hold me back from interview, I certainly didn't think it was going to be either of those.

Do you think it's a good idea to contact someone in Admissions to see if a mistake has been made, or to see if they will take another look at my file?

From what I understand they have cutoffs using the GPA/MCAT then review your file on the whole. There were definitely people with stronger numbers than I had who didn't get interviews last year.

Hey y'all.

yes, i would also like to know

Archived