Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites are out!

The reason I was wondering was because I was rejected with a 4.50 AGPA and 13 operative MCAT score...and as, at least I thought, an added bonus, I grew up on a farm in rural Saskatchewan and so have significant rural exposure. It sure would have been nice to be able to demonstrate that those numbers aren't all I bring to the table either...

With those stats, you'll probably get into a lot of schools. I'm sure in the end, you would have ended up declining U of M since you would have got accepted to your home school or others. :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason I was wondering was because I was rejected with a 4.50 AGPA and 13 operative MCAT score...and as, at least I thought, an added bonus, I grew up on a farm in rural Saskatchewan and so have significant rural exposure. It sure would have been nice to be able to demonstrate that those numbers aren't all I bring to the table either...

Are you sure you really have 4.5 at UofM? For example, if the higher letter grade you can have at your school is A, they won't change it to an A+ at UofM, so your GPA will go down (unless of course your % grade is on your transcript).

They also have a formula for the MCAT so a person with a lower MCAT can end up with higher score at UofM than someone else because that person did better in the sections that weight more at UofM.

Well - there's not supposed to be much subjectivity to the process. Because the PAS isn't supposed to be factored into the equation until post-interview right?

Manitoba is pretty basic actually - it's essentially your MCAT and GPA preinterview. Either you calculated your numbers wrong, Manitoba made a mistake, or you're missing a prerequisite and don't know it.

Archived