Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites are out!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone,

i'm new to this forum. i was just curious if the e-mail recieved stating whether you got an interview said whether you were being considered in the manitoba category or the oop category? i thought i was supposed to be considered in the manitoba category, but in my email it said references were due february 13. did all e-mails state this date or only those being considered in the oop category?

thanks!

hi everyone,

i'm new to this forum. i was just curious if the e-mail recieved stating whether you got an interview said whether you were being considered in the manitoba category or the oop category? i thought i was supposed to be considered in the manitoba category, but in my email it said references were due february 13. did all e-mails state this date or only those being considered in the oop category?

thanks!

Grace, read the first line of the letter. It should tell you that you are in the regular category. Feb 13 is the ultimatum date for reference letters to be in for IP's. Its in regards to letters that have not been received to date ie late.

Jeez...boggles my mind. Two years ago these OOP numbers would've virtually gauranteed you an interview. There's no essay, no letters, just an activities section.

Mine (ECs) were hardly imressive and I managed to get interviews two years in a row. (Stats on par with the OOP rejectees). Looks like things have gotten more competitive :( Now you need a 38 MCAT to be safe...lol.

Hey y'all.

I'm somewhat perturbed now. The letter I received states that the interview offers were based on AGPA and MCAT results. If there was anything that I thought would hold me back from interview, I certainly didn't think it was going to be either of those.

Do you think it's a good idea to contact someone in Admissions to see if a mistake has been made, or to see if they will take another look at my file?

Thanks everyone, and congrats to those who're taking the next step!

Mistake unlikely. Back in 2006, everyone who was getting accepted OOP had high MCAT scores (over 36) - 35/36 was getting you placed near the bottom of the list pre-interview. So maybe there's just more applicants this year with insane numbers.

Mistake unlikely. Back in 2006, everyone who was getting accepted OOP had high MCAT scores (over 36) - 35/36 was getting you placed near the bottom of the list pre-interview. So maybe there's just more applicants this year with insane numbers.

I don't know about this. These are the stats for OOP. There is obviously something else going on, and I'm willing to bet that the ones that a had a few rural boxes checked off might have helped.. bigtime.

Applicants offered admission/waitlisted

median gpa 4.14, mcat 11.75

average gpa 4.18, mcat 11.8

I got rejected with a 11.5, 4.14. I don't know what more then can ask of me mcat wise but I'm can't be upset about a rejection that says no to my MCAT. It's just stupidly competitive. Stick to your own province is the rule of thumb. And if you are from the GTA (like me), well, tough luck. It's not all about merit.

The reason I was wondering was because I was rejected with a 4.50 AGPA and 13 operative MCAT score...and as, at least I thought, an added bonus, I grew up on a farm in rural Saskatchewan and so have significant rural exposure. It sure would have been nice to be able to demonstrate that those numbers aren't all I bring to the table either...

Archived