Premed 101 Forums

Interview Dates

Pickles are pretty terrible places. I don't envy you, my friend.

We get to choose our interview weekend, yes?

Has anyone ever eaten oneself out of a pickle?

Is that even possible?

I will let you know when I find out when my interview dates are, and how I intend to eat myself out of said pickle....it's going to be a dill of a situation if my interview is on the same date as my Mac!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to think positive thoughts about the interview! I know decisions are already made, and probably printed, but still! When I saw the news piece about the 60 yr-old in Calgary who just gave birth to twins via IVF, it put me in interview mode. I know that in several MMI sessions they've asked interviewees specifically about medical cases that made headlines (ie. the Terry Shiavo case). I wonder if this could be one of them! "The ethics of impregnating - how old is too old?" What do you think?

Got mine too!!! It was kind of nice thinking that they were going out Monday or Tuesday, because I didn't have to sit in front of my computer all day long pressing refresh! It was a great surprise!

Stats: cGPA 3.7ish (don't remember the exact number cause it's not great), from Northern Ontario, Francophone

Wow I'm in shock and awe about getting this invite after the week I've been having. I'm almost embarrassed to post my stats:

5th Year Undergrad (Victory Lap yr lol) @ Ottawa U

cGPA: 3.48 - I didn't think I had a chance due to NOSM dropping the weighting system.

This is my first med school interview after having applied for the 2nd time this cycle.

Last year there were roughly 415 interviews from what I remember. I think the year before was more like 390 because I remember being surprised that they increased the number of invites without increasing the number of acceptances. Anyone know how many people are going to be waitlisted this year? Last year's waitlist of 90 students didn't make much sense to me.

K I totally give up... I have a 3.88 and an MSc and good references and lotsa EC and i have been rejected everywhere (still waiting on toronto...). I grew up in a small town in qc and I am fully bilingual. I have no idea why I didnt make top 25% at NOSM but i am exhausted getting this far with only rejections... Congrats to everyone with an interview!

K I totally give up... I have a 3.88 and an MSc and good references and lotsa EC and i have been rejected everywhere (still waiting on toronto...). I grew up in a small town in qc and I am fully bilingual. I have no idea why I didnt make top 25% at NOSM but i am exhausted getting this far with only rejections... Congrats to everyone with an interview!

Sorry to hear that.. I got rejected from NOSM as well.. I've been rejected by Ottawa, Queens, McMaster, and NOSM now. Ontario is mean:rolleyes:

Wow I'm in shock and awe about getting this invite after the week I've been having. I'm almost embarrassed to post my stats:

5th Year Undergrad (Victory Lap yr lol) @ Ottawa U

cGPA: 3.48 - I didn't think I had a chance due to NOSM dropping the weighting system.

This is my first med school interview after having applied for the 2nd time this cycle.

Don't be embarassed! GPA isn't everything! Good luck! I got an interview too. I'm super excited!!!

I got an interview! Yay! Humanities grad, teacher, and first time applicant!

Good luck to everyone who got an interview: the process should be exciting.

Thought I'd come back and post stats since people are asking:

GPA 4; born, raised, educated and work in the North

I will let you know when I find out when my interview dates are, and how I intend to eat myself out of said pickle....it's going to be a dill of a situation if my interview is on the same date as my Mac!

Hi Fireball;

Are you interviewing in Sudbury or Thunderbay? I live in Sudbury, so if your interview is here and you are in a tight squeeze, feel free to PM me for any help you may need. I also received an interview. I guess we don't know the exact day it is on yet though.

Ex. If you fly into Sudbury there is a Shuttle service that can drive you into the city to the doorstop of the place your staying and its very reliable.

Well anything that may help!! good luck!

Archived