Premed 101 Forums

UofA they are out!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless something has changed, they don't send out rejections. You basically sit here and get more and more nervous as the hours and days pass until you accept it's too late. Kind of mean :P

Edit: My gf got an invite, 3rd year IP, last name P. Her interview is early Saturday so maybe they're sending them out based on time slot if you want to further speculate

IP-ish (Yukon), very good stats.

And the anticipation builds...

What do people consider good stats? I'm OOP and have 3.95 overall and 3.86 prereq. I have 34Q on my MCAT as well as plenty of extracurrics. Do you think that is competitive enough?

What do people consider good stats? I'm OOP and have 3.95 overall and 3.86 prereq. I have 34Q on my MCAT as well as plenty of extracurrics. Do you think that is competitive enough?

I think you're pretty up there, yup.

My MCAT is only 33O but everything else is perfect to excessive (4.00, valedictorian, first author publications, MSc. in Neuroscience, 2+ years of third world independent travel and volunteering, currently a High school teacher, run a tutoring program for aboriginal youth, etc. etc.), so I assume I'm "very good".

Plus U of A gives bonus for MSc. and Territory residency.

But no notice yet...

Yes I got an invite...ont resident

gpa: 3.96 (omsas)

mcat: 33Q (9v 12p 12b)

good luck everyone and see you at the interview!

could the OOP also post whether they're 3rd/4th/grad?

being a 3rd year, i feel like my chances are low even though my stats are ok. does anyone know if 3rd years are at a disadvantage at U of A?

Archived