Premed 101 Forums

UofA they are out!!!

could the OOP also post whether they're 3rd/4th/grad?

being a 3rd year, i feel like my chances are low even though my stats are ok. does anyone know if 3rd years are at a disadvantage at U of A?

Yes, 2/3 years are in a different quota pool than the 4+ year applicant.

You're getting double hit, in a way, because you are both OOP and a 2/3 year.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my invite by 9:45 AM MST for the earliest Saturday slot so maybe they are inviting by time box over several days.

I'm an IP non-trad. GPA 3.5, MCAT 36S, MSc, good EC's ( recently, 8 years with a local grassroots charity, including board positions). So low GPA and good everything else.

For those going :confused:, I gave them a call.

Today they sent out all the invitations for the Saturday interview. They will be sending the invitations for Sunday's interview tomorrow until 4pm. If you don't hear from them by the end of this week (and most likely by the end of tomorrow), then you're either rejected or "waiting". Interviewees have 72hrs to RSVP for their interview and if they do not reply or reject an interview, those who are "waiting" will receive an invite next week.

They will not tell you whether you get an invite or not over the phone. They can't tell you what position you are on the "waiting list" either. If you are unsure about what pool you're in (IP or OOP), give them a call, they are really nice and will look it up for you.

They didn't tell me whether IP or OOP were getting emailed separately but I'm assuming they aren't. It looks like they are sending them out according to what day/time you are slotted in for an interview.

Eight pages later and we finally have a winner for most informative post. Thanks for calling on our behalf. I would have called earlier in the day, but I am too cheap and lazy to do it.

Today they sent out all the invitations for the Saturday interview. They will be sending the invitations for Sunday's interview tomorrow until 4pm. If you don't hear from them by the end of this week (and most likely by the end of tomorrow), then you're either rejected or "waiting". Interviewees have 72hrs to RSVP for their interview and if they do not reply or reject an interview, those who are "waiting" will receive an invite next week.

They will not tell you whether you get an invite or not over the phone. They can't tell you what position you are on the "waiting list" either. If you are unsure about what pool you're in (IP or OOP), give them a call, they are really nice and will look it up for you.

They didn't tell me whether IP or OOP were getting emailed separately but I'm assuming they aren't. It looks like they are sending them out according to what day/time you are slotted in for an interview.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make the call~! Feeling a little less anxious after readin tis msg.

Thanks guys for posting where you found this interview information. From the volume of applications I have open, I forgot that ualberta gave us an email address!!

So I got an interview!!

OOP. OMSAS 3.84, 12BS 13Ps 10V WS-S.

Cheers! See u guys soon!

You may want to call on Monday, yes.

I am under the impression that all the weekend bookings are done now, and that those who were accepted have recieved notification via webmail. My Bear tracks still says "Decision Pending" though, so I don't think that is a good indicator of your status.

And thanks!

:-)

Archived