Premed 101 Forums

OOP/NB/PEI Waiting Countdown

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again,

This may seem like a stupid question but I'm not too familiar with how medical school admissions in Canada work...

I just received my acceptance and have 14 days to mail my deposit in. The thing is I haven't heard back from all my schools yet so I was wondering if it is ok to mail the deposit and all the forms in to hold my spot for now. If I accept their offer now am I required to attend, or can I withdraw later once I have heard back from all my schools?

I hope that made sense. Thanks for all your help!

Hi again,

This may seem like a stupid question but I'm not too familiar with how medical school admissions in Canada work...

I just received my acceptance and have 14 days to mail my deposit in. The thing is I haven't heard back from all my schools yet so I was wondering if it is ok to mail the deposit and all the forms in to hold my spot for now. If I accept their offer now am I required to attend, or can I withdraw later once I have heard back from all my schools?

I hope that made sense. Thanks for all your help!

You will lose the deposit, but they can't force you to attend.

It's common to put down a deposit and forfeit it if you have other offers.

I'm an ontario applicant, got my letter thursday.. waitlisted.

Any idea if all interviewed will be waitlisted or just a few?

They told me that based on previous years, of the 30 ppl interviewed from OOP, the waitlist held between 5-15 ppl. I have a feeling it might be different this year as nobody from OOP has reportedly been rejected so far.

Don't forget that each pool has a different waitlist (NL, PEI, NB, OOP), and there have been reports of NL and NB applicants being rejected so far.

Archived