Premed 101 Forums

Applying from Law

I'm thinking of applying for Law as a backup and then reapplying to medicine - is this a bad idea compared to taking a year off for work, science-based grad programs etc?

Does anyone know if a law degree is counted as a grad degree or if Law school marks are considered in undergraduate work?

So if you get into law school this year and med next year, you would drop law school? (Are you allowed to do that?)

I think a background in law would be awesome to have and it'll set you apart from other applicants. It's definitely not something you see a lot of... although that could just be due to the abysmal student debt if you did both law and med. :(

So if you get into law school this year and med next year, you would drop law school? (Are you allowed to do that?)

I think a background in law would be awesome to have and it'll set you apart from other applicants. It's definitely not something you see a lot of... although that could just be due to the abysmal student debt if you did both law and med. :(

Sounds cool! However remember that once you start another undergraduate degree some schools will force you to finish it before you apply to meds. If you are hoping to reapply next year I guess that is something to consider.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived