Premed 101 Forums

McGill OOP acceptances

Guest Yeoman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to everyone who got in!! xtapolapocetl.. I'm sure that you did get in - I can't imagine that they call people who are waitlisted or rejected.

I'm guessing if we haven't heard then its probably not good news.. :( it's too bad, McGill is a great school!!

You're probably right that a call is for good news, but I think you can never know until you speak to them directly so it's best to try to stop thinking about it until you know for sure. If you get excited over a call and find out bad news, how much worse will it be!

Also, I wouldn't give up if you haven't heard yet. As I said- they sent out some med acceptances yesterday and I got mine this morning (not because someone rejected- they only changed the Minerva page this afternoon). Clearly they weren't sent out all at once, and it was just an email- not even a phone call (phone calls are harder to do at once).

I can only confirm what I got from the forum, which is that some were sent out yesterday and I got mine today. That makes it two days. Also, Minerva was updated this afternoon (I assume for everyone?). Not many people have posted (around 10?) so it's hard to say. I'm surprised so few people have posted! I guess the people who interviewed at McGill are less neurotic than people who applied to other schools?

FYI, my application status on Minerva has now changed. Instead of "Ready for Review", it now reads "Admitted With Condition". The condition is that you complete your studies for the rest of this academic year, but since I've already completed undergrad I guess it doesn't apply to me! Right below, I have the option to accept or decline the offer. No deadline for this decision is shown.

Congrats to all those that got in ... Those that are still waiting, keep your fingers crossed, becuase many OOP decline their offers once UofT and Western sends out their acceptances in a month or so... So all is not lost ...

Does anyone know how long we have to accept/decline the offer on Minerva?

Thanks

Congrats to all those that got in ... Those that are still waiting, keep your fingers crossed, becuase many OOP decline their offers once UofT and Western sends out their acceptances in a month or so... So all is not lost ...

Does anyone know how long we have to accept/decline the offer on Minerva?

Thanks

Yeoman, did you get in too?

I haven't received anything yet, can the people who got in post their cGPAs?

That would let me know now how much of a shot I have at the waiting list lol.

Yeah I got in as well.

So McGill looks at 50%GPA, 40% Interview (plus essay+LOR), 10% DAT. I got horrible scores on my Nov DAT (worse than Feb) I mean scores like 15, 17, 18. The part that I did real well in didn't even count (Carving a 26) (McGill only considers AA and PAT).

GPA's are calculated a little different at McGill, they don't have an A+. So if you got all A+'s in one year at your University and all A's in your second year, than your GPA will be 4.0 for BOTH years... I guess that can help some ppl. I had a GPA of 3.91 (based on the McGill system)

Hope that helps...

Congrats!!

Wow..the office is open pretty early!Did she say anything about when she would contact others?

I called this morning. They haven't made all their decisions yet, but the status on Minerva should be updated by the end of tomorrow for everyone. Good luck to all.

Archived