Premed 101 Forums

Still no confirmations???

Anyone else still waiting on confirmation of their interviews?

Anyone new recieve confirmations this week?

I'm starting to get worried now because the interviews are during spring break - a high flight volume time - and there is now less than two weeks left to book my ticket.

Do you think they would tell you if your interview was being rescinded due to not properly adhering to the photo labelling requirements? Or would they just leave you hanging like they do to people who do not recieve interviews in the first place?

[insert nail-biting smiley here]

Did.

Voicemail message, which did say they are still in the process of responding to confirmations, but that didn't make me all that less nervous. Still not enough info to drop $700 on a flight for, and I didn't think trying to get her to call me back would speed anything up substantially.

:(

p.s. Does that mean that you have recieved confirmation now Tooty? Or no?

i strongly suspect the university would not rescind an interview for something trivial, like picture dimensions. as for your confirmations, if you sent one in i think they're pretty good at not losing one - so i would go ahead and book the flight, and just keep an eye on the confirmation. if it hasn't come in a few days, then take action - but even then, it's not much to get worried about... i know of one person whose app got lost, vomited during the interview, and probably a lot of other things went wrong, and they are in the 2012 class.

edit - the picture you send in was the picture on the name tag last year. in the specified dimensions.

PS - don't use a drunken pic

received confirmation today, I sent my acceptance on Sunday afternoon for an invite sent on Friday (if that helps).

I am sure you will hear, so you are probably pretty safe to make your fliight reservation...or you could wait a few more days, receive confirmation, and then pay $1300 for same said flight ;)

I'm not certain if procedure has changed this year, but last year, the interview photos were not passport regulation. After admission, however, they did request that you submit two copies of passport regulation photos to the UGME for identification purposes.

I received my confirmation on Friday too.

To the OP who hasn't heard back yet: Call them and leave a message, but make sure you give them your UofA email address on that message. They will get back to you really promptly. I called to make sure I sent it to the right email and they got back to me within a couple hours.

Don't stress about it, remember they only have 1 person replying to all Saturday interviews and 1 person replying to all Sunday interviews. That must be insane.

I realize that by now I'm essentially rejected since I received no email, but are they actually going to let me know or just leave the issue hanging until I bug them about it?

You can phone, and they will more than likely tell you that if you have not received any notification by this date, that you have probably not been allotted an interview slot.

The U of A does not send out any formal rejections, regardless of when your application is rejected, until May 15, via e-mail and snail mail.

I received my confirmation on Friday too.

To the OP who hasn't heard back yet: Call them and leave a message, but make sure you give them your UofA email address on that message. They will get back to you really promptly. I called to make sure I sent it to the right email and they got back to me within a couple hours.

Don't stress about it, remember they only have 1 person replying to all Saturday interviews and 1 person replying to all Sunday interviews. That must be insane.

Thanks Kandy. I have heard from 2 people now that they were contacted and told to fix a couple things up and resend, so that at least gives me confidence I will not be rejected out of hand for a formatting error or something trivial like that.

Guest rpuff

definitely call. I figured they were just busy but I talked to Gisele today and she hadn't gotten my email. And I triple checked the address and my sent-mail box....so basically webmail hates me :(

That's it, I'M LOOKING IT UP AND I'M GOING TO 1 UP YOU GUYS BECAUSE I ALWAYS HAVE TO BE THE BEST

CONGRATULATION *******!

I only got 1 exclamation mark and she didn't even bother spelling the word properly.

I might as well not show up to my interview :(

Archived