Premed 101 Forums

UWO interview waiting list

This is primarily for anyone who is on the waiting list or knows anything about it....

1. has anyone that is on the waiting list already gotten an interview? is it some kind of rolling offers or something? or do they just wait until they know exactly how many people they are interviewing on march 24th before they send out the wait listed interviews?

2. does anyone know how big the waiting list is, or what the chances of getting an interview are if you are on the waitlist? I read in another thread that everyone who was waitlisted last year for UWO got an interview in the end.. is this true? can anyone actually confirm this?

Thanks for your help.

I am on the waiting list and still waiting.:(

Last year was different so I would not use it as a predicate for what would happen this year. Last year, a bunch of ppl ended up transferring scores as they had already been accepted by UofT by the time UWO began interviewing. Unfortunately, this did not happen this year.

More importantly ,though, for those of you on the W list and have to give the physiology challenge test, when do you plan to start studying for it?? After an invitation seems obvious but wasnt sure if that would be enough time...

I am on the waiting list and still waiting.:(

Last year was different so I would not use it as a predicate for what would happen this year. Last year, a bunch of ppl ended up transferring scores as they had already been accepted by UofT by the time UWO began interviewing. Unfortunately, this did not happen this year.

More importantly ,though, for those of you on the W list and have to give the physiology challenge test, when do you plan to start studying for it?? After an invitation seems obvious but wasnt sure if that would be enough time...

Well, the last time we can notify UWO that we would like to transfer scores is March 24th.. So, that should be the last day when people off the waiting list will be offered interviews...

So.. you will atleast have 2 weeks to study..

so waitlisted people could technically get an email about an interview any day up until the 24th? thats only a week away...

hangma, if you dont mind me asking, since you got an interview off the waitlist, what were your stats? i just want to try and judge to see if i even have a chance... thanks.

Hearing someone say that makes me really happy. I hope your interview at U of T went or will go well...

I too am still waiting to hear back, and tomorrow is the deadline to transfer scores, so for those on the waiting list, we should hear back sometime tomorrow or the next few days hopefully? even though that leaves only 1.5 weeks to prepare haha.

I'm probably going to transfer my scores from UofT now because something came up. There should be an extra spot available within the next few days :)

dentshopeful thanks for reminding me that I have to select to transfer scores by tomorrow, I thought I had until Friday!! I got into McGill as well but I will still go to Toronto, just not western. Plus I already made travel arrangements. Good luck to you!!:)

Just a quick question. How do you transfer scores from Toronto to Western. Who do you e-mail? Do you cancel your interview or is there an option to transfer scores on the sign-in page? Can someone who is transferring scores let me know what they did?

Thanks

Archived