Premed 101 Forums

research that ISN'T life science, etc

VTeight7

.. is it any less credible to admissions officers?

I'm a G.I.S. major (bio is my other major), and I want to do my honours thesis next year in transportation geography and possibly look at its link to healthy lifestyles in children. Is it good to do such research that isn't stereotypically "bio lab"? Is it at all "bad" that I happen to prefer to do my undergraduate research in geography (even though biology is my other major)?

On a side note. Has anyone here done research here that ISN'T in life science, chemistry, physics, or psych?

.. is it any less credible to admissions officers?

I'm a G.I.S. major (bio is my other major), and I want to do my honours thesis next year in transportation geography and possibly look at its link to healthy lifestyles in children. Is it good to do such research that isn't stereotypically "bio lab"? Is it at all "bad" that I happen to prefer to do my undergraduate research in geography (even though biology is my other major)?

On a side note. Has anyone here done research here that ISN'T in life science, chemistry, physics, or psych?

Government level software research in creating a more powerful mapping engine for rural power distribution and emergency response. Also artificial intelligent detection of critical faults in the gas industry.

Funding in part by IRAP and SHRED. I put in on my application, got interviews so it could have helped!

Archived