Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Laptop tried to electrocute me multiple times today. It's currently under lockdown until I secure aid from Dell Suckport tomorrow.

It is mad with you.

My dishwasher gave me a large bump on my leg yesterday, and the shower curtain ripped in half as I saved myself from falling this morning, and then the car started to overheat, steam, and spit transmission fluid everywhere.

End times.

Edit: Where's Dee? I want him to fix my car.

Oh and I'm sure the leaders of the free world wouldn't need to wait for Skype to come out with a 5 way video conference system. ;) I'm sure there's lots of other options for them, and if there weren't, they could make someone design a conference system for them.

It is mad with you.

My dishwasher gave me a large bump on my leg yesterday, and the shower curtain ripped in half as I saved myself from falling this morning, and then the car started to overheat, steam, and spit transmission fluid everywhere.

End times.

Edit: Where's Dee? I want him to fix my car.

I dropped a glass mug on my foot. It is swollen and bumpy. So much for wearing strappy sandals! What a waste of leg shaving! GRRRRRR!!!!

My shower curtain needed replacing, so I got one from Canadian Tire. I was wondering why it was so expensive. I got home, and it's made of leather. Who the hell wants a leather shower curtain?!!!!!

>__O I don't have a car. If I had one, there wouldprobably be something that is going wrong with that too!!

I placed my car keys somewhere in the house, and now I can't remember where they are. Grrr. :mad:

Whenever I can't find my car keys, they're always in the first place I looked (but didn't find them that time). Usually I'll tear the house apart looking for something, and it's right exactly where I thought it was, I was just too blind to find it.... either that or it grew legs and walked to where it was supposed to be after it realized I was looking for it everywhere and unable to find it :P

^ who says "cellular" phone anymore?

I've gotten used to calling my cell phone a "handy," which is what the Germans call them. I'm sure I'm going to get some strange looks when I call it that in Edmonton until my mind adapts. :P Maybe I'll just stick with "iPhone." ;)

Said goodbye to Munich by running the Stadtlauf (City Run). 21.1 km of hot, humid running. Not great weather for a half, so I was super slow. Now I definitely need to rehydrate - I can feel my slight dehydration headache starting.

Whenever I can't find my car keys, they're always in the first place I looked (but didn't find them that time). Usually I'll tear the house apart looking for something, and it's right exactly where I thought it was, I was just too blind to find it.... either that or it grew legs and walked to where it was supposed to be after it realized I was looking for it everywhere and unable to find it :P
lol. Yeah, I ended up finding my keys yesterday in the bathroom next to my toothbrush. It was really random.

Saw Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson with their kid at the Chicago airport, going through the security scanner. Washed-up celebrities - they are just like Us !
I feel bad for that kid. Not only does he have Pete 7 Ashlee as parents (who, for all I know, may actually be excellent parents?) but he has to go through life as Bronx Mowgli.

Why, exactly, does the Royal system still exist in England?

The British love tradition and looking up to those supposedly above them, i.e. the Royal Family and so long as the Royal family keeps in public view, does not spend too much public money and seem to provide a service to the public and the Commonwealth, they are safe. Anti-royalists do exist b ut the Royal family have theiir own advisors, publivity people and of course, want to remain and perpetuate this tradition. When they fly over and come to Canada, guess who pays the bill!

For the first time in my life I just paid to download a song. I wanted the two by Matthew Puckett from the boston med show and couldn't find them anywhere so I bought them from iTunes.

I had to buy some asian songs too. Ugh. So expensive.

So... random question for all you Ontarionites (Ontarionians? Ontarians?.... people from Ontario:D.....).... with the HST thing coming into effect on July 1 (which you guys are getting hosed on btw. That totally sucks from what I've read about it.... I like living in a province when all taxes amount to 5% :D), if I buy a plane ticket (round trip) from Edmonton to Ontario (and then obviously back again) would I be paying HST on the return flight (or the flight there for that matter) even though I'm purchasing it in Alberta? ie- will there be any difference in the price of tickets from June 30 to July 1?

I ask because I'm trying to plan my trip... and I want to know if I should hurry up and make a decision about flights, or if I can wait until after my MCAT to figure it all out....

Archived