Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have very "odd" feet - super-wide (like EE width) yet very high arches (most women with very wide feet have flat feet). So finding dressy shoes that fit is next-to-impossible. New Balance is the only company that makes running shoes I can wear - I credit them for my ability to run marathons and half-marathons, since I need a super-wide neutral running shoes. Other running companies only make their flat-foot shoes in wide widths, which are the exact opposite of what I need. I'm a freak. lol

Lemmee guess... NB 883s? Am I right?

I wish I was going back to school so I would have an excuse to buy more shoes. All I have an excuse for right now is a new pair of trail shoes:

531.jpg

Lemmee guess... NB 883s? Am I right?

I wish I was going back to school so I would have an excuse to buy more shoes. All I have an excuse for right now is a new pair of trail shoes:

You win! I've worn the same "line" since the 879 through three marathons, a dozen half-marathons and many more shorter races and all the required training runs. I hope they never fundamentally change them.

Nice trail shoes. :) I need a new pair too - I had two trail running pairs last me through 4 years in Munich, but we had VERY mild winters with no snow, so I was able to get away with my normal running shoes on the non-technical trails in Munich and saved the trail shoes for "must use" situations.

All girls love shoes :D

I'm most definitely a girl (ask my husband :P ) and I do NOT like shoes. As I mentioned, I have extremely wide, yet high arched feet, so finding shoes that fits is a major undertaking. So I hate shoes. If I find a pair that fits I'm extremely lucky. I just hope New Balance never stops making super-wide shoes for high-arched feet, or I will be SOL. I remember when I was REALLY little (ie. Kindergarten age, and yes, I remember back that far), I had to have custom shoes made, because my feet are so odd.

I have more pairs of running shoes (and cross trainers for teaching group fitness classes) than anything else. Then I have two pairs of loafers (one black, one brown), one pair of dress shoes, and a couple of pairs of sandals. Yes, I am a woman - I'm just not fond of shoes.

We're currently in Saskatoon, after our longest day of driving so far. The "boys" (our two Sphynx cats) were a little noisy today - clearly they are tired of riding in the car (despite their lovely carrier). Then tomorrow we make Edmonton! Yay!

This is what the cats have in the car: CGD-222px.jpg

http://www.sturdiproducts.com/4111/xcart/product.php?productid=18&cat=21&page=1#

You win! I've worn the same "line" since the 879 through three marathons, a dozen half-marathons and many more shorter races and all the required training runs. I hope they never fundamentally change them.

Nice trail shoes. :) I need a new pair too - I had two trail running pairs last me through 4 years in Munich, but we had VERY mild winters with no snow, so I was able to get away with my normal running shoes on the non-technical trails in Munich and saved the trail shoes for "must use" situations.

I'm most definitely a girl (ask my husband :P ) and I do NOT like shoes. As I mentioned, I have extremely wide, yet high arched feet, so finding shoes that fits is a major undertaking. So I hate shoes. If I find a pair that fits I'm extremely lucky. I just hope New Balance never stops making super-wide shoes for high-arched feet, or I will be SOL. I remember when I was REALLY little (ie. Kindergarten age, and yes, I remember back that far), I had to have custom shoes made, because my feet are so odd.

I have more pairs of running shoes (and cross trainers for teaching group fitness classes) than anything else. Then I have two pairs of loafers (one black, one brown), one pair of dress shoes, and a couple of pairs of sandals. Yes, I am a woman - I'm just not fond of shoes.

Yes! Still got it!

I sold shoes for a long time. Running shoes, that is. I wouldn't worry too much about NB changing- there would be riots if they did. They are easily the most conservative of all the brands. Not like Nike.

That model the 879 and on... I remember one woman specifically. She had been raised in Italy, in a fairly well-to-do family. She had been forcing her feet into heels for her whole life, and she was prone to bunions. She had the worst bunions I had ever seen- and I have seen thousands of feet- she had to turn her foot sideways to get them in. Oh, and she wore a size 5 or something ridiculously small. She cried when she got those on her feet.

One of the best moments for me, hands down.

Keeping with the shoe theme (lol), I found a pair of heels I absolutely LOVED today. So I tried them on... and they actually FIT! :D. So I bought them :D. It was double awesome because they were on sale for more than 60% off :D. I love it when that happens:)

Here they are (I bought the pink ones- for even cheaper than what it lists online... AWESOME! haha): http://www.theshoecompany.com/sale/women-s-shoes/town-shoes-collection/red-carpet-p-font-color-black-at-town-shoes-font-/prod114XXX069XXXX.html

EDIT: Going to see Inception later today... so stoked! I hope it lives up to my expectations!!

Keeping with the shoe theme (lol), I found a pair of heels I absolutely LOVED today. So I tried them on... and they actually FIT! :D. So I bought them :D. It was double awesome because they were on sale for more than 60% off :D. I love it when that happens:)

Here they are (I bought the pink ones- for even cheaper than what it lists online... AWESOME! haha): http://www.theshoecompany.com/sale/women-s-shoes/town-shoes-collection/red-carpet-p-font-color-black-at-town-shoes-font-/prod114XXX069XXXX.html

EDIT: Going to see Inception later today... so stoked! I hope it lives up to my expectations!!

Great shoes cnb! Also, I heart leo dicaprio. He's such a cutie. lol

today i postponed my doctor's visit, BUT... i think i may have found the perfect place to live! :eek:

the lady called me ~8pm my time (11pm her time) and interviewed me for like half an hour :rolleyes:

she then said she had "a good feeling about this" and would email me the stuff tomorrow

*fingers & toes crossed*

Great shoes cnb! Also, I heart leo dicaprio. He's such a cutie. lol

Haha! Thanks Orange! They're really comfy too! Wore them out to the movie today.. and for the first time at the theatre, my feet were actually touching the floor instead of dangling a few inches above it.... haha!

I never actually had a crush on him ever (not even back in his Titanic/teen heartthrob days). He is an amazing actor though and I love watching his movies :)

STRONGLY recommend Inception. Really really really good. Mind-meltingly awesome. The only movie that has really kept me guessing right about all the little twists and stuff. Crazy good movie. Very well executed and great story/plotline:)

today i postponed my doctor's visit, BUT... i think i may have found the perfect place to live!

the lady called me ~8pm my time (11pm her time) and interviewed me for like half an hour :rolleyes:

she then said she had "a good feeling about this" and would email me the stuff tomorrow

*fingers & toes crossed*

Sounds marvelous about your potential new living arrangements. :P

Please let me know when I may uncross my fingers and toes:D It is difficult to use the laptop like this. :)

And you will see the doctor when the timing is right.

I dislike Tuesday mornings too. But then when you really think about it, even the days of the week after Tuesday go WTF.

I'm hungry. lol

P.S. I'm making a friend of mine go see Inception with me. I really hope I can drag him along... been waiting for this movie for months... ugh

Keeping with the shoe theme (lol), I found a pair of heels I absolutely LOVED today. So I tried them on... and they actually FIT! :D. So I bought them . It was double awesome because they were on sale for more than 60% off . I love it when that happens:)

Nice deal on the cute shoes. :)

today i postponed my doctor's visit, BUT... i think i may have found the perfect place to live!

the lady called me ~8pm my time (11pm her time) and interviewed me for like half an hour

*fingers & toes crossed*

Good luck with the living arrangements!

MOTP board sits in about 9 hours... I'm pretty on edge about that, heh.

Good luck! Army life isn't for everyone, but my husband and I have been treated very well by the Canadian Forces.

Archived