Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll bite -- what is zara? :(

Zara is a clothing store located in Montreal, everywhere, in US, in Europe, they carry children's, men's and our clothing, they have an affordable collection and sales. Trendy and basic clothing. Recently, I go to Banana Republic on sale, and Gap on sale.

I am buying a new-to-me car this weekend. My van has become too expensive to fix to make it worthwhile and the mechanic said that it is unsafe to drive in it's current condition (it runs, but might not stop at things like intersections) and will cost thousands to fix. I wish I knew more about cars, sigh.

So.... Since I am almost 100% positive I will be waking up with one..... Anyone got any hangover cures? I really should make a new thread about this so we can all share words of wisdom, but right now I don't trust myself to.... So we'll start it up here and take it elsewhere if it gets good ;) hehehe :D

17 in 5 hours is really too much for someone of my stature :P.... Erm, I think it was 17........ I kinda lost count :o

Our resignation and announcement was made this morning: Effective August 16th, we retire from this town. August 23rd we're moving up to North Bay and I (if the application continues to go well) enroll into Nipissing :)

I don't know if I'm more excited or sad.

So.... Since I am almost 100% positive I will be waking up with one..... Anyone got any hangover cures? I really should make a new thread about this so we can all share words of wisdom, but right now I don't trust myself to.... So we'll start it up here and take it elsewhere if it gets good ;) hehehe :D

Gatorade/Powerade and water to rehydrate. As much fluids as you can stand.

Although I've ever only been really hungover once - so this advice comes from my husband (army guys tend to drink a lot when they are young. ;))

I am now 30. It doesn't feel any different than 29, although I'm told many women freak out about it.

I found the best prevention for a turning-30 freak out was to have a 43-yr-old partner on said birthday.

Oh, and to continue the clothing discussion....

Buy good quality stuff when it goes on sale, or even if it isn't on sale if you love it. I don't buy anything that is not perfect, because I won't wear it.

If you feel more professional, you'll look more professional. People will think you're more professional.

Good quality will last years.

I bought a suit at winners (yes, I wore a suit even in undergrad, at least 1x per week) regular $1500 for about $200. I feel like a million bucks in that thing.

I like Esprit, Jacob, personally.

The tour is over. Perhaps next year I will be heading to Paris with a small fraction of my newly-acquired six-figure line of credit? :P

I am now 30. It doesn't feel any different than 29, although I'm told many women freak out about it.

Happy birthday!

Yea...30 is an awesome year, IMO.

The key to aging is to keep on having birthdays but not feel any different as the numbers go up. Be young at heart :)

Our resignation and announcement was made this morning: Effective August 16th, we retire from this town. August 23rd we're moving up to North Bay and I (if the application continues to go well) enroll into Nipissing :)

I don't know if I'm more excited or sad.

Mixed emotions are a good thing. I think that RB is going to miss you guys way more than you will miss them, in the end.

Whatever will your soon-to-be-ex-worship do? Won't being a mere undergrad bore the heck out of you? No more council meetings to add excitement to your life?

Happy Birthday! :)

I don't know why so many women freak out about turning 30 - most women truly come into their own in their 30s - either or both career-wise and personally (family, hobbies, etc.) And well, they say we women are at our sexual peak and our endurance (for long-distance cardio events like marathons) is at its peak as well. So yay for the 30s! :D

Happy birthday!

Yea...30 is an awesome year, IMO.

The key to aging is to keep on having birthdays but not feel any different as the numbers go up. Be young at heart :)

So true. :D My husband and I are definitely young at heart - we love being silly. :) We both LOVE The Muppet Show and we still read and collect comic books.

Staying active, working out, and running marathons helps keep us feeling young too. :)

Archived