Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Welcome to Canada. Finding a family doctor in our large cities is mostly an act in futility. You were wise to obtain your meds in advance and no doubt, clinics are your realistic option.

There is always something on your plate to deal with! It is much easier to find a good vet. :)

Very true! My cats are well taken care of. :P (One of them has a heart problem, so finding a good vet ASAP was a priority.)

Ah well, I survived four years at Guelph using just the university clinic, I suppose I'll survive here in Edmonton too. :P

As for always being busy, I guess that comes with moving half-way around the world and getting resettled. ;) Next up: getting recertified to teach fitness classes. My Canadian certification expired while we were in Germany, so I need to rewrite the theory exam and have an actual class evaluated for the practical exam.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for always being busy, I guess that comes with moving half-way around the world and getting resettled. Next up: getting recertified to teach fitness classes. My Canadian certification expired while we were in Germany, so I need to rewrite the theory exam and have an actual class evaluated for the practical exam.

Shouldn't be a problem. :P

Very true! My cats are well taken care of. :P (One of them has a heart problem, so finding a good vet ASAP was a priority.)

You know how to take careof your precious pets, they are sooo lucky.

Ah well, I survived four years at Guelph using just the university clinic, I suppose I'll survive here in Edmonton too. :P

You are definitely a survivor with plenty of life experience and survivor skills, so nobody need worry about you. :)

Is it standard practice now for family doctors to have you sign a contract saying you won't visit any other clinic? Mine had me do it a few years ago, and the contract stipulated that any service they would provide I could not go anywhere else for, and that included walk-in clinics. I took that to mean my family doc was now providing walk-in services, so now I just call the day of and tell them I'm coming in :P

Whoa, so I can barely see out my window right now. The lovely jetstream and northwesternly winds are bringing the smoke from BC forest fires to Edmonton. YIKES! I am already developing a freakin' headache from it, and it is supposed to last until Sunday. :(

Yeah - no kidding. :( I went outside and my allergies immediately said "go back inside."

BTW, sorry I haven't emailed you yet, been busy with all the moving-in and getting-ready-for-school stuff.

Yeah - no kidding. :( I went outside and my allergies immediately said "go back inside."

BTW, sorry I haven't emailed you yet, been busy with all the moving-in and getting-ready-for-school stuff.

Hey, no problem!! I am busy with MCAT stuff, so my social time is dwindling precariously.

After Sept 3rd, I will start looking into school stuff. On the plus side, I got my first grant cheque and my loan docs from the government, so I have money again! woohoo! now to go out and brave the smoke to deposit said cheque :D

Hey, no problem!! I am busy with MCAT stuff, so my social time is dwindling precariously.

After Sept 3rd, I will start looking into school stuff. On the plus side, I got my first grant cheque and my loan docs from the government, so I have money again! woohoo! now to go out and brave the smoke to deposit said cheque :D

Yay for money! :D

I can't believe how thick the smoke is out there. :eek:

I just wanted to say: I love downtown t.o.! I appreciate the big buildings, the diversity, and the foood! So many options.

Oh, and I love U of T's campus! It's HUGE!!! :D

aaahhh! SOoooo excited to finally be living here.

Congrats! It's a nice place. Do you live by campus?

Congrats! It's a nice place. Do you live by campus?

Thanks Leon! I'm really happy! :D lol.

And yes I live near campus. It's maybe a 10 minute walk. I was out roaming the streets today. And I was impressed by the convenience. For instance, there're cleaners just around the corner, and yoga studios, and dentists and family doctors, and banks, and restaurants, and beauty salons. I love it all!!

I got drunk off 4 beers today (drank them pretty fast) and then the red bull girls came around and they said something in french and I said oui and then next thing I know I chugged 3 red bulls and now I feel weird. And its like 6pm and I went home and I dunno what to do I feel really we5rid. The frosh leader was like wtf but he gave me more pop corn. Oh yea I was at the tokyo last night and someone dropped a table on my right leg and now my knee is so messed up that I walk with a limp and ppl call me dr. dre apparently. Somebody wrote it on my frosh shirt.

I just wanted to say: I love downtown t.o.! I appreciate the big buildings, the diversity, and the foood! So many options.

Oh, and I love U of T's campus! It's HUGE!!! :D

aaahhh! SOoooo excited to finally be living here.

Enjoy! :)

I got drunk off 4 beers today (drank them pretty fast) and then the red bull girls came around and they said something in french and I said oui and then next thing I know I chugged 3 red bulls and now I feel weird. And its like 6pm and I went home and I dunno what to do I feel really we5rid. The frosh leader was like wtf but he gave me more pop corn. Oh yea I was at the tokyo last night and someone dropped a table on my right leg and now my knee is so messed up that I walk with a limp and ppl call me dr. dre apparently. Somebody wrote it on my frosh shirt.

3 Red bulls? :eek: No wonder you feel weird. ;) Hope the knee heals quickly!

Alcohol and caffiene - now that is a dangerous combination :)

Yea but the red bull girls were french and totally sexy. I couldn't say non. Just in case they said voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir or something to that effect.

hahahahaha!! Hilarious.

I thought 1 red bull was bad. 3 is like, overdosing on red bull. :eek: How's your heart beating Dr. Dre? I would drink water, and try to pee it out of my system. I dunno if that'll work though; hopefully it doesn't exacerbate your problem.

Tu parles francais? :P

Oui, je parle français, mais j'ai oublié beaucoup trop. :P

4 years + OAC of high school French, then my "arts" elective for engineering was a year-long course in "French for non-majors." But since learning German, my French has sadly deteriorated. :( I'm likely to add in a German word when I start speaking French! And my grammar is horrendous.

But, before leaving for Munich 4 years ago, I was tested by the Public Service Commission for my second language (French) and received EEC - exempt in reading and writing (ie. I'd never have to take those tests again) and "C" for oral, which means I had a pretty good working knowledge and ability in French. Sadly I've lost all of that in the four years I've been in Munich though. Although I daresay it would come back to me quickly enough if I was immersed in a French environment. I had actually hoped to take a French course as an elective sometime this coming year, but since I already need to fit in one extra course somewhere (assuming I stay in nutrition of course for the full three years of the second degree) I don't have room for a nice language elective. :(

Archived