Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I had to go to surgical rounds today with all the attendings and residents and it was my first day on this ward. We're sitting around waiting for them to start and it's already 15 mins past start time. I ask why we're still waiting, and they say "oh just wait, you'll see". A few minutes later the last attending shows up with a case of beer. Then they tell me "ok, NOW we can get started".

So around the table went "are you on call, no? *throws beer*"

I can safely say that's the first time I've ever had a beer in the hospital. It was pretty cool until they started drilling us with questions anyways.

JEALOUS!!!! I want a beer. And I need one too. :D

You know why every prof loves him? Because he kisses @$$. lol :P Pokey pokey Leon. lol

On the contrary, I merely visit office hours when I have questions to clarify. It's a great way for making connections. Basically all my opportunities on campus have come through that. And the profs can see right thru those trying to "kiss @$$" Madam Leapy. ;) Unfortunately for me, a prof didn't walk right up to me and offer a massive research project that takes an entire undergrad to do. :D

Currently looking for a job.... Good to know my 4 year BSc (and $24k+ spent getting it) gets me the same jobs that I could have had when I graduated high school:rolleyes:

Too bad I can't just coach Canskate full time.... $25-$27/hr teaching kids how to skate is pretty good! :P

Between coaching, skating, taking some courses through Athabasca U and the volunteer research position I have, it's going to have to be a night job. So right now, waitressing is looking like my only option. Hopefully I can be good enough to get some really good tips! lol

Looking at everything I'm going to be doing this year, I think I'm going to be busier than I was throughout UG! At least I won't have to worry about exams! :P

"

Neuro:I'm operating the patient's spine.

Anesth:The patient is in Asystole...

N:Ok, I'm going to keep operating on the spine.

A:You need to give chest compressions now.

Ok, I'm operating on the spine.

Jesus Christ, if you don't start bumping on this guy's chest, he's gonna die!

Oh ok. I'll perform chest compressions.

Have you done CPR before?

Yes.

How much?

Lots.

Lots?

Yeah, three times. That's alot for me.

Well, you should compress more than that.

But in Star Trek 6, Dr. McCoy only hit the Klingon on the Chest once or twice.

What the hell Trekkie bullshi* are you talking about, call a code blue!

...God damn anesth. I don't ask for much. get someone else in here..."

New job confirmed! 12 hrs/week developing a lab manual for a course. Should be interesting.

Leon. I want you to monitor the activities of my former prof. He owes me money. I need you to shake him down.

LOL he didn't pay you? This is what happens when you're not officially enrolled. Your lab's kind of dead these days. I only ever see the two usual guys (M&N) but it's mostly empty. In contrast, there are 3 independent undergrad research projects going on in mine, one of them being mine. Your arch rival is the over-supervisor of the research course.

Hey just a quick question:

Does anybody know if field courses, which are usually taken for 2-3 weeks in the summer, will count towards my full-time requirements? If not, what about for the level of progression requirements? (ie, at UWO 60% of course load has to be appropriate to year level).

I really want to take a field course as I did some field research this summer, but I don't want to throw away a full year to do so.

Thanks in advance! :)

You probably want to have your own thread for a wider audience but I've seen this questions before so try searching first. ;)

So how do you tell your roommate who is also your landlord that it's time for her to cut her hair or something? Honestly, there is hair all over the place. I went to the bathroom and there's hair in the sink, the bathtub and the garbage can beside it. Then there's hair all over the floors, kitchen, dishes, etc. UGH... She also likes to talk to herself. And she also slams every ****ing door when she gets up... like goes downstairs and opens up cupboards and slams the doors..... JEEEEEEEEEEEZ....

Out of curiosity, how much are you getting paid? lol.

Base pay. But I don't want too much because OSAP basically reduces their amount by EXACTLY what I earn. So the $$$ doesn't pay off really. However, the position itself is relatively unique and interesting. I might apply for a TA position for O-chem next term and that should be more rewarding thought hours will be limited.

So how do you tell your roommate who is also your landlord that it's time for her to cut her hair or something? Honestly, there is hair all over the place. I went to the bathroom and there's hair in the sink, the bathtub and the garbage can beside it. Then there's hair all over the floors, kitchen, dishes, etc. UGH... She also likes to talk to herself. And she also slams every ****ing door when she gets up... like goes downstairs and opens up cupboards and slams the doors..... JEEEEEEEEEEEZ....
I have long hair, and so while I can understand why it's in the bathroom (although she should clean it up) what's it doing in the kitchen? And on the dishes? That's just gross.

LOL he didn't pay you? This is what happens when you're not officially enrolled. Your lab's kind of dead these days. I only ever see the two usual guys (M&N) but it's mostly empty. In contrast, there are 3 independent undergrad research projects going on in mine, one of them being mine. Your arch rival is the over-supervisor of the research course.

Well its weird. Really weird. Too hard to explain but my prof owes me $$$. I intend to collect. :P

Only 2 guys? What happened to D the masters student? And you should keep in mind my prof is infiltrating the management of NSERC and UofT simultaneously. I heard he is now the associate dean of the biology department, in addition to holding down his position on the NSERC grants committee.

Wait what? Which arch rival? One of them got into med school. :confused:

Well its weird. Really weird. Too hard to explain but my prof owes me $$$. I intend to collect. :P

Only 2 guys? What happened to D the masters student? And you should keep in mind my prof is infiltrating the management of NSERC and UofT simultaneously. I heard he is now the associate dean of the biology department, in addition to holding down his position on the NSERC grants committee.

Wait what? Which arch rival? One of them got into med school. :confused:

Arch rival = I'm talking about the prof *cough cough* lab report*

Haven't heard of "D." Maybe he's in the lab when I'm not.

Associate dean? Pretty good! That adds another line to his sig then.

So how do you tell your roommate who is also your landlord that it's time for her to cut her hair or something? Honestly, there is hair all over the place. I went to the bathroom and there's hair in the sink, the bathtub and the garbage can beside it. Then there's hair all over the floors, kitchen, dishes, etc. UGH....

That might be indicating a serious iron deficiency. She should really have a blood test done ...

Archived