Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the easiest mod job, being in the Mountain time zone. I wake up to about 15-20 reported post emails, and by the time I go check them, someone already has it taken care of. Je suis useless.

Maybe I'll start flaming posts with one of my other accounts to I can delete them and feel better about myself.

I had call last night. I came home and cried. And got paged. And then yelled at because I let myself get paged.

Medicine. *sigh*

*ehugs*

I cried last night too. But it was in the movie theatre during a scene in Harry Potter. This lady behind me obviously had not read the books because she said "OH SNAP! Harry did NOT just do that to Ron!" Which made me laugh instead of cry.

I have the easiest mod job, being in the Mountain time zone. I wake up to about 15-20 reported post emails, and by the time I go check them, someone already has it taken care of. Je suis useless.

Maybe I'll start flaming posts with one of my other accounts to I can delete them and feel better about myself.

Since you're a mod, I have a question for you (and any other mods who happen to see this post).

When a user is banned, is it their IP address that is banned? or is it their user profile which is banned? If it is the latter, then what's stopping them from creating another account and trolling?

Is banning an IP address even possible? [Ya, I'm a techno noob...phail.]

I'm just wondering how it works since I noticed a few frequent posters, having 'banned' underneath their names as I was doing some major procrastinating. *sigh*.

Ok, ok, ok. I'll let you win - but I wanna see the touchdown dance first.

Because I can't be creative at the moment, probably something like this:

Or I'd start randomly doing some skating moves on the grass/turf. Or I'd just randomly coreograph something on the spot to whatever music they were playing :-)

Yards not years! Maybe I shouldn't be on pm101 and trying to do lab work at the same time. lol.

I think so too (although I may be bias) But I just deleted about 15 spam threads and after a while, I got tired of looking at the same Avatar picture in them. *sigh*

Lol! Sometimes it seems to take that long to get that far though! :P

If I was purposely trying to spam a board, not gonna lie, I'd probably use a tin of spam as my avatar. But that's just cuz I'm a dork:rolleyes:

I read this is "shaving in the lab" and was like WTF yes, that's new!

Lol! I read that at first too! I was like :eek: WTF?! My excuse was that I was reading it on the small screen of my blackberry. lol

I had call last night. I came home and cried. And got paged. And then yelled at because I let myself get paged.

Medicine. *sigh*

*e-hugs*

*sigh* Winter is officially here. I was enjoying the mild 5 degree weather.... and now it's down to -15 without windchill. Time to bundle up again and look like the female Michelin man. Except black.

Cuz that's the colour of my winter coat and ski pants :P

I'm not really a pro at this. But I know its possible to look up anyone's IP address so it's probably an IP ban. But I also know its possible to reset your IP address (that's how I avoid the 52 minute wait on megavideo). I can also give out infractions too. So your account is like banned for 10 days

also sorry orange123. Your post says last edited by me and that's because I actually typed my response in your first message by accident. Boy, that was weird

I'm not really a pro at this. But I know its possible to look up anyone's IP address so it's probably an IP ban. But I also know its possible to reset your IP address (that's how I avoid the 52 minute wait on megavideo). I can also give out infractions too. So your account is like banned for 10 days

also sorry orange123. Your post says last edited by me and that's because I actually typed my response in your first message by accident. Boy, that was weird

lol to megavideo

you're a good mod.

Only problem with that is if I wind up banning one of your "flame accounts" this would start getting silly :)

Since you're a mod, I have a question for you (and any other mods who happen to see this post).

When a user is banned, is it their IP address that is banned? or is it their user profile which is banned? If it is the latter, then what's stopping them from creating another account and trolling?

Is banning an IP address even possible? [Ya, I'm a techno noob...phail.]

I'm just wondering how it works since I noticed a few frequent posters, having 'banned' underneath their names as I was doing some major procrastinating. *sigh*.

We can do both actually. I mean you can always try and create more accounts/mask things etc but the bordom factor kicks in at some point :)

Just like the mod of old though banning etc is normally a really rare event - once we lock down the spam it should rarely happen at all.

Archived