Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final tally for dinner: 15, but then 5 took off early, and 3 showed up at dessert time. Becuase I had 3 pies, the group of 5 took one with them (they were going to catch a ferry, so they could eat it there)

The chocolate truffle cake that is supposed to serve 8-10 is, like, more like 20. Half is left, and it is very rich. I'm glad it worked though- as I took the springform pan off there was this moment where everytihng could have gone wrong, but it didn't. It was lovely. I'm not happy with the white chocolate layer, I would make it differently next time.

J is asleep still. I'm literally half a block from a mall, so I think I might head there just to remind myself why I dislike malls.:)

Final tally for dinner: 15, but then 5 took off early, and 3 showed up at dessert time. Becuase I had 3 pies, the group of 5 took one with them (they were going to catch a ferry, so they could eat it there)

The chocolate truffle cake that is supposed to serve 8-10 is, like, more like 20. Half is left, and it is very rich. I'm glad it worked though- as I took the springform pan off there was this moment where everytihng could have gone wrong, but it didn't. It was lovely. I'm not happy with the white chocolate layer, I would make it differently next time.

J is asleep still. I'm literally half a block from a mall, so I think I might head there just to remind myself why I dislike malls.:)

I'm coming over to eat your chocolate truffle cake by myself. lol. It is my birthday so I can do whatever I wish. :P lol.

Just kidding. Vancouver is too far away right now (I secretly wish I lived there).

blackberry mango pie (scratch, my recipe)
That sounds really good!

I'm coming over to eat your chocolate truffle cake by myself. lol. It is my birthday so I can do whatever I wish. :P lol.
Happy (belated) Birthday! ♥

I went to the mall yesterday for boxing day sales on clothes. Some shoppers are very intense when it comes to sales. It was bordering on scary.

Happy (belated) Birthday! ♥

I went to the mall yesterday for boxing day sales on clothes. Some shoppers are very intense when it comes to sales. It was bordering on scary.

Thanks. :D

I remember when I worked in retail... I became as violent as those customers. lol. One time, I remember, I was working on Boxing day and it was my birthday. I was already bitter because they scheduled me to work an 8 hour shift on my birthday and this lady comes up to me and goes "If I toss this into the washing machine and then into a dryer, will it shrink? How good is this material?" and I went to her "My answer depends on whether you want to hear the truth or a complete lie" and she goes "The truth... obviously" and I go "Listen... this material sucks.... You toss it in the dryer and it will shrink and why would you waste $40 on this?! Honestly...." and this woman goes to me "Wow.... This is a very honest answer that could get you fired" and I went "I don't care." lol

As of today my oldest child is a teenager. Where the heck did the last 13 years go? We are going to go birthday shopping this afternoon and then to my parents house for birthday dinner.

Happy birthday to your kid!!! :D

Archived