Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

apparently i fail at boys...

i met a boy last night while i was playing pool with a friend and we all sat together for a while and he asked for my number. we texted for a little while after i left and he sent the last text. how long should i wait before texting him?! unless he texts me in the meantime.. ahhhhhhh

you should wait exactly 2 days.

or whatever.

this whole waiting for crap is bogus anyways.

if you like the guy- ask him to go out for drinks/dinner/pool/mini golf/whatever else you feel like doing.

if he likes you he'll say- yes. or he will say, yes, but not this weekend.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, i just read through my script...

i'm not going to lie... i'm pissed.

my character was the main crux of the show and now it feels as if i'm a secondary character... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not happy.

thatonekid: Thanks. Funny thing is: I walk into my supervisor's office to get something signed and he tells me how he'd love to see me write a manual for the system specifically to what we study so he can use it to teach his graduate class on how to get kinematics out of motion capture data...lol :D So...... I have until Feb 14th. LOL

A side note: Not a happy week. However, my supervisors seem to love me. One of them can't stop talking with me and today he gave me access to his library and other articles. The other one had a huge smile on his face when he saw my data and said he will look into bringing in some patients. I've been processing all day and night. I've got so much stuff to do that I'm barely able to sit down and eat. I came home now to make lunch, take a nap and I'm going back to the lab at 7:30pm to finish the rest of the processing. I also heard a familiar voice today but didn't bother to turn around and say "hi". I'm glad I also helped those people yesterday in terms of their collection. They have some good data. I also reported broken equipment yesterday, which was supposed to be done by ahem our lab technician, but he never did it. The guy came in today and it's going to be sent for repair on Monday. So glad. Otherwise, I have no life outside of school, aside from tennis. I kind of wish things would balance each other out, but I guess you can't have everything. According to one of my patients (who is apparently psychic :rolleyes: ), something big is supposed to happen in April (good) to me which will turn my life around. I wonder if this is the case.....

yeah, i was going to text him later but every girl i talk to is like, "no! you have to wait!"

I'm a girl, and I oppose that advice. :cool:

Also, here's some advice for undergrads. If you can do a graduate level course and count it towards your degree, I would definitely advise you to. It's soooo nice to have a grad level course this semester.

New pm101 record set today

Queen's rejections + Toronto rejections + Calgary news kept the forum busy.

At 3:08 pm my car was doing a 360 in an intersection, a three-car pile up occurred near the university, I then ran into a snowbank and concluded that I would go home and stay there until winter disappeared. That is what I'm doing now. Hibernating. **** winter.

I expected my rejection from NOSM, but I didn't expect the rejection a friend of mine (same department at Nip) got...she's from here, and...well....pretty ****ing awesome chick. One of those people that you think won't have a hitch getting into anywhere. Ouch. I was more upset for her than I was for me last year!

At 3:08 pm my car was doing a 360 in an intersection, a three-car pile up occurred near the university, I then ran into a snowbank and concluded that I would go home and stay there until winter disappeared. That is what I'm doing now. Hibernating. **** winter.

I expected my rejection from NOSM, but I didn't expect the rejection a friend of mine (same department at Nip) got...she's from here, and...well....pretty ****ing awesome chick. One of those people that you think won't have a hitch getting into anywhere. Ouch. I was more upset for her than I was for me last year!

hope you're ok... winter can be tough.

although in vancouver our winter is more like a wet towel...

this might make you feel better

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cat_vs_internet

this is literally what happens in my house... literally.

hope you're ok... winter can be tough.

although in vancouver our winter is more like a wet towel...

this might make you feel better

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cat_vs_internet

this is literally what happens in my house... literally.

Well, it taught me that I'm not used to front wheel drive...and that I need to cut my nails because I sliced a finger (with my own fingernails!) while turning the wheel furiously. Soooo...other than my finger and a stress-headache, I'm good. I'm not used to extreme cold, but I am used to lots of snow...sadly, everything I've driven was large and heavy though, so it was easier.

Ummm...the cat bit would have been funny, but I came home to find that the rabbit had eaten through my Internet's AC adapter....so I'm not impressed with attention seeking pets right now.

Lol. Boy am I having a pissy day.

Very bad day for the a lot of premeds. I'm busy convincing myself that pm101 users don't represent the general applicant pool.

Got rejected by UoT and Queen's today.

Feels bad, man.

Your stats are good. Stay ++++ Everything was weird this week and UofT is the randomest med school in Ontario. Rock the interviews you got- you only need one acceptance to make it in.

Got rejected by UoT and Queen's today.

Feels bad, man.

Yea....me too :(

4 Ontario rejections in a row. One more on the way, at least. I hope Western used the adjusted GPA OMSAS reported.... if the used the original one, I'm screwed :(

But at least you got invites at UBC & UofM, right? :D

While everyone here is slaving away at school, interviews, waiting for interviews, etc. Our epic Mithril has been making crazy progress with girls... if only I could be him.. it would be amazing. 4.40 GPA, 36 MCAT, interviews with epic schools around the continent, and picking up chicks all over the place.. my idol

ps: applesauce, if you are reading this... we think your cute

post-147-140744794675_thumb.jpg

What's this about adjusted/original OMSAS GPAs??

Certain schools/programs (RMC and Queen's engineering are the only two I know for sure) have their GPA calculated differently by OMSAS. Instead of figuring it out course by course, they use the year average given on the transcript.

I know for me it caused my cGPA to increase from 3.6ish to 3.78.

Wow...a friend from out home died: had an asthma attack in the washroom which triggered a heart-attack...he fell face down on the sink, bashed his head off of that and then off the toilet. How horrible.

Sorry to hear about that. :(

I was supposed to be in the lab very early in the morning. Instead, I spent 3 hours looking at a dartfish software and how it works. Ultimate fail. I'm only now eating breakfast and will go to the lab soon. Jeez Leap... Get a grip on yourself!

While everyone here is slaving away at school, interviews, waiting for interviews, etc. Our epic Mithril has been making crazy progress with girls... if only I could be him.. it would be amazing. 4.40 GPA, 36 MCAT, interviews with epic schools around the continent, and picking up chicks all over the place.. my idol

ps: applesauce, if you are reading this... we think your cute

lol. Is this the girl Mith was posting about previously in this thread?

Archived