Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone with a runny nose, I strongly recommend Puffs facial tissue with lotion. Scrap that kleenex junk. Puffs are soooo soothing. A++++

Agreed! :) I only use Puffs with Lotion, or the Kleenex with Lotion, depending on which one I can get at the store. My nose is super-sensitive, so the lotion is very much appreciated!

Agreed lol. And aw, thanks. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be okay. I've been resting and I think it's helping

Glad to hear the rest is helping. Feel better!

How is your cat doing? I hope the meds are working for her.

Glad to hear the rest is helping. Feel better!

Thanks so much <3!

How is your cat doing? I hope the meds are working for her.

She's doing pretty well, thanks for asking! She's just sleeping behind me haha. Her coat was pretty dull, but it's starting to look healthier. I have to think of creative ways to give her tapazole each day... a bit annoying, but I'll do whatever it takes. Usually I just give her about a teaspoon of cream and mix the tapazole with it. I think the pain meds are working fantastic. She's eating more, doesn't have that sad meow anymore. Now, we're just waiting to her from the vet so she can do her surgery. Sometime next week, I believe.

Amazing!! Oh, I wish I could be an astronaut... if only for a day. Or, at least live up to my sailor scout name :)

Please post about your experience with the astronaut! Hope you have fun!

He (Chris Hadfield) was an amazing speaker. He talked a bit about history of rockets, but it was mostly about his prep for the missions and the things he saw and did in space. He had a lot of neat pictures. Some of them were just devastatingly beautiful.

Average hiring age for astronauts is ~36, he said. Training time for his current mission is 5 years. They have a lots of stuff to learn - about the shuttle itself, the space station, and how to operate the CANADARM...PLUS all the different experiments all the scientists on Earth want them to do in 0 G for them. :rolleyes: Like growing trees and inducing different weird stresses at different points, making noxious gases and various physiological tests.

The average astronaut would be in their 40s for their first visit to space!! :eek:

But that means we'd have some time to make ourselves more awesome and space worthy, Cerena! ;)

PLUS all the different experiments all the scientists on Earth want them to do in 0 G for them. :rolleyes: Like growing trees and inducing different weird stresses at different points, making noxious gases and various physiological tests.

Wicked!

The average astronaut would be in their 40s for their first visit to space!! :eek:

But that means we'd have some time to make ourselves more awesome and space worthy, Cerena! ;)

Lol I looked it up. According to the Canadian Space Agency, currently there are three active astronauts. Maybe in twenty years there'll be a demand for physician astronauts? Maybe... we can dream, mm88 :)

we could just save up and go on virgin space airlines, i'm sure it'll be cheaper by the time we're 40 too

He (Chris Hadfield) was an amazing speaker. He talked a bit about history of rockets, but it was mostly about his prep for the missions and the things he saw and did in space. He had a lot of neat pictures. Some of them were just devastatingly beautiful.

Average hiring age for astronauts is ~36, he said. Training time for his current mission is 5 years. They have a lots of stuff to learn - about the shuttle itself, the space station, and how to operate the CANADARM...PLUS all the different experiments all the scientists on Earth want them to do in 0 G for them. :rolleyes: Like growing trees and inducing different weird stresses at different points, making noxious gases and various physiological tests.

Lol I looked it up. According to the Canadian Space Agency, currently there are three active astronauts. Maybe in twenty years there'll be a demand for physician astronauts? Maybe... we can dream, mm88 :)

Oh jeez. They are all so accomplished!! Payette speaks like 6 languages, is a professional singer + being an engineer. Saint-Jacques is a Dr^2!! And they all have so many degrees! :eek: I don't think I'd ever be that awesome.

(However two of them are RMC grads - Hadfield and Hansen. I have the pedigree!!!...kind of...)

All this space talk- I want to go SO badly. My very first "what I want to be when I grow up" was astronaut. I was really little. And then the Challenger blew up when I was 6 and I couldn't sleep properly, I was so upset. :(

But I still want to go to space.

Now- off to the microbiology final (than you for correcting my earlier assertion it was a midterm, Leon, LOL!) that I am about to ROCK.

Oh jeez. They are all so accomplished!! Payette speaks like 6 languages, is a professional singer + being an engineer. Saint-Jacques is a Dr^2!! And they all have so many degrees! :eek: I don't think I'd ever be that awesome.

(However two of them are RMC grads - Hadfield and Hansen. I have the pedigree!!!...kind of...)

Hmm... I speak 4 languages pretty fluently (Portuguese, English, French, and Spanish)... I know bits and pieces of Italian and Japanese, but I'm far from fluent. I'm sure I could learn a couple more of the romance languages in the next few years! haha but I will never become an engineer.

How do you mean you have the pedigree? Oh yes! You were part of the RMC, right?

All this space talk- I want to go SO badly. My very first "what I want to be when I grow up" was astronaut. I was really little. And then the Challenger blew up when I was 6 and I couldn't sleep properly, I was so upset. :(

But I still want to go to space.

Now- off to the microbiology final (than you for correcting my earlier assertion it was a midterm, Leon, LOL!) that I am about to ROCK.

Good luck, kyla!! Rock it :)

I would have loved to be an astronaut!..

Sadly I don't have the pedigree for it:( , I have a heart condition <hypertrophic cardiomyopathy > do to extremely high blood pressure that I had throughout my childhood until I was 15 years old. My cardiologist said that if it wasn't caught in time, within a year or two I could have suddenly dropped dead from heart failure:(

I would have loved to be an astronaut!..

Sadly I don't have the pedigree for it:( ' date=' I have a heart condition <hypertrophic cardiomyopathy > do to extremely high blood pressure that I had throughout my childhood until I was 15 years old. My cardiologist said that if it wasn't caught in time, within a year or two I could have suddenly dropped dead from heart failure:([/quote']

Wow, that would have been horrible if it wasn't caught!! E-hugs <3

PSH Sailor Scout is SOOOO overrated and besides, Sailor Scouts are Mahou Shojo by technical definition ;)

Isn't that cat Luna considered a furry token mascot?

You know which side you want to be on.

Well, at least making the contract with you would grant me a wish. Hm... going to have to think about that one.

Good, it worked :) Who was your fav character?

P.S. I'm psyched for Glee next week. I love Charice.

Mercury.

Glee next week? With Charice? I didn't even know when it was comming back! yay

For all you lord of the rings geeks (closet or flaming or otherwise).

Manuscript submitted! Yay! Now what will I do until May to stay busy while waiting? :(

Archived