Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't forget to factor in the cost of transcripts if your school does not provide them for free.

Transcripts are usually pretty cheap, no? At my school they were $5 each for an official transcript. Make sure you send these early, though! It will get it out of the way and you won't be panicking. My friend sent hers in pretty late and it almost screwed her over :S

Does anyone know the total cost of applying to 5 OMSAS school and all the OOP schools? I'm just asking, to determine the max possible cost of application. I'll be working through them one by one this week to see where I'm eligible etc... but an estimate would help,

thanks

I've looked this up for you, since I'm trying to avoid thinking about how my dreams are all going to be crushed tomorrow (but hopefully not). Maybe good karma will come my way?

OMSAS $595 (for 5 schools. add another $85 for the 6th school.)

UBC $189 ($158 oop application fee + $31 oop transcript fee)

Calgary $150

Alberta $115

Sask $125

Manitoba $95 for early-bird applications ($125 two weeks before the deadline)

McGill $85 (I'm not 100% sure. This info wasn't very clear)

Memorial $75

Dalhousie $70

These numbers can change for next year. They were the ones from this current cycle. I skipped french schools with the assumption you're not applying there. Also, I don't know how much transcripts cost (as I've never had to pay for one) so you'll have to factor in that cost. General point: don't be surprised if you end up spending over $1000 in application fees alone.

Transcripts are usually pretty cheap, no? At my school they were $5 each for an official transcript.

Well...the cost there adds up as well, when you are applying to 11 med schools and if you have attended more than one university or have completed more than one degree. I believe transcripts are 10 bucks at most ON schools, free from McGill!

Well...the cost there adds up as well, when you are applying to 11 med schools and if you have attended more than one university or have completed more than one degree. I believe transcripts are 10 bucks at most ON schools, free from McGill!

They are $15 from my school, plus I have a few random courses from two other schools, so getting 3 transcripts per app definitely adds up!

They are $15 from my school, plus I have a few random courses from two other schools, so getting 3 transcripts per app definitely adds up!

I have to send in 5 transcripts per app! :eek:

Wow, didn't realize how expensive they can be :S yikes!

I've looked this up for you, since I'm trying to avoid thinking about how my dreams are all going to be crushed tomorrow (but hopefully not). Maybe good karma will come my way?

OMSAS $595 (for 5 schools. add another $85 for the 6th school.)

UBC $189 ($158 oop application fee + $31 oop transcript fee)

Calgary $150

Alberta $115

Sask $125

Manitoba $95 for early-bird applications ($125 two weeks before the deadline)

McGill $85 (I'm not 100% sure. This info wasn't very clear)

Memorial $75

Dalhousie $70

These numbers can change for next year. They were the ones from this current cycle. I skipped french schools with the assumption you're not applying there. Also, I don't know how much transcripts cost (as I've never had to pay for one) so you'll have to factor in that cost. General point: don't be surprised if you end up spending over $1000 in application fees alone.

Woot thanks a lot! Don't worry- 5 people are going to be waitlisted tomorrow because you're going to be holding their spots at all the ON schools. :)

never too late to learn about free body diagrams and newtonian mechanics!

I keep telling myself that I <3 them. It's love. No matter how hard she hits you, you're in love. No matter how hard she spites you and rejects your advances, keep loving. No matter how many times she says "no" to you asking her out keep loving.

She's a tsundere, doesn't mean she can't be cute and she will rock your world. You cannot be happy without her. But once you get her, you will be happy.

it's called self-brainwashing. Other people call it misaligned motivation, but I like it. Apply to MCAT.

Heading over to the friends' house. Plan for the next ~30+ hours: dinner, movies/board games/video games, sleep (probably not), avoid checking email until everyone's awake, go for a run, check email, call a bunch of people, go out.

It sounds good in theory, but in practice the time is going to drag by. :S

Heading over to the friends' house. Plan for the next ~30+ hours: dinner, movies/board games/video games, sleep (probably not), avoid checking email until everyone's awake, go for a run, check email, call a bunch of people, go out.

It sounds good in theory, but in practice the time is going to drag by. :S

sleeping pill + a couple oz of Jack. You'll sleep no prob and wake up in time for your results lol

I also want to add...i am so lazy today that i don't even want to leave the house.

Is this you today:

? :D Hehe! Sorry, couldn't resist! (If anyone can explain the monkey masks in the video, I would be thankfull....:confused:)

Also, LL, are you heading to Stars on Ice this weekend?

I am going to be so thankful when all my courses are done (which should hopefully be near the beginning of June). I'm not leaving this one until the last minute that's for sure (learning a semester's worth of info in less than a week is not the best way to succeed... or maybe it is. I guess I'll see when I get my marks back....). I really hope this all helps me for next year, and that I only need to go through one more app cycle. I'm becoming quite jaded with the whole process. My idealism and naivite (not just with the med app process, but even life in general) is slowly deteriorating and making me more of a pessimistic optimist. Please med schools! Save me before I detiorate into a full-blown pessimist! Haha!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear tomorrow (and in a week)! Hopefully you guys all hear good news! :)

yes, that pretty much sums up my motivation.

i think after a full semester of going non-stop but actually excelling at what i have done permits me to take a day of rest. Even the Big Guy up there took a day of rest ;)

Haha! Of course it's allowed! And I'm glad it went so well! (Hopefully next week will go even better for you ;))

Omg... Started learning the partnering for the new diamond dance I'm learning- I'm going to end up killing myself on it. Or splatting flat on my face. Several times I'm sure:o

Good luck everyone waiting to hear from the Ontario schools! Less than 24 hours for you guys!

EDIT: kyla... omg- I love shiba inus! My auntie has one! Such a gorgeous dog! An escape artist though- I think she should have named her Houdini as opposed to Rigs! They're very snooty dogs though. Princess-like almost. Still so cute though! :)

Archived