Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got rejected from blood donation... my hemoglobin level is 0.1 too low (but still within normal limits) :/ Not that I had planned to give blood today, but it was set up right outside the grocery store in the mall.. Meh.. I have this feeling I'm always going to get stuck right around the limit.

Officially done first year of med! :D

Took long enough. :rolleyes:

Just got rejected from blood donation... my hemoglobin level is 0.1 too low (but still within normal limits) :/ Not that I had planned to give blood today, but it was set up right outside the grocery store in the mall.. Meh.. I have this feeling I'm always going to get stuck right around the limit.

I can't donate blood because I'm pretty sure I've had malaria in the past. Apparently my blood can be as deadly as life-saving.

Congrats! I'm finally finished highschool, but that doesnt equate to your success!

I'm suffering from allergies atm.

Officially done first year of med! :D

Took long enough. :rolleyes:

I can't donate blood because I'm pretty sure I've had malaria in the past. Apparently my blood can be as deadly as life-saving.

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes.

I said goodbye to Jasmine today.

She was the best cat I could have ever asked for. And I'll miss her terribly.

Definitely not easy. That trip to the vet is brutal. I've done it twice and it wasnt any easier the second time around nor will it be the 3rd, 4th or 5th

You'll miss her lots and lots, but with time you'll come to think of her as the good times you had with her :) My dad told me on the phone (I had moved to Montreal 2 years before) when he had to get my first dog put down (tumor). I cried for a while, cried some more when I went home soon after and she wasn't there to greet me. A few months later we got another dog on my b-day, but I still missed her. Now I can think of our happy moments instead. Pets are so hard to let go!! *hugs*

Oh Cerena, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( You have my deepest condolences. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. :( Jasmine is now with my Whiskers at the Rainbow Bridge.

*hugs*

GLaDOS: You look ugly in that jumpsuit. That's not my opinion, it's right here on your fact sheet. They said on everyone else it looked fine but on you it looked hideous. But still what does an old engineer know about fashion. Oh, wait it's a she. Still, what does she know about, oh wait. She has a medical degree. In fashion. From France.

GLaDOS: Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that. Don't let that "horrible person" thing discourage you. It's just a data point. If it makes you feel any better, science has now validated your birth mother's decision to abandon you on a doorstep.

Macbook: I <3 GLaDOS. Too bad she lied to me about cake. When I forgive her I will marry her. But I won't ever forgive her. She said there would be cake, just like MCAT said there would be cake at the end. But there was no cake, just how there is no surprise. They also burned my companion cube :(

I can't wait to buy PORTAL 2 after my MCAT :)

Definitely not easy. That trip to the vet is brutal. I've done it twice and it wasnt any easier the second time around nor will it be the 3rd, 4th or 5th

Honestly, I could not even take her myself. I was so grateful to say goodbye to her at my house with my mom and my boyfriend. I wrote a song for her last year and would play it to my cat all the time. I called it "Jasmine's song." And she was so cute and came to me and listened to me play it for her. We took her paw prints in a cement stone so I could always treasure it. And after I said "goodbye" to her she left my house and went in with my boyfriend. He said that before they went in to the vet hospital, he let her sniff the flowers outside and put a caterpillar near her nose.

Saying bye to her was so hard, like you said it was brutal. But, I'm so happy to have had her. And I am now at peace knowing that she's not in such horrible pain any more. Like MR said she's at rainbrow bridge.

I was very lucky to have had her. She was the perfect cat.

Honestly, I could not even take her myself. I was so happy to say goodbye to her at my house with my mom and my boyfriend. I wrote a song for her last year and would play it to my cat all the time. I called it "Jasmine's song." And she was so cute and came to me and listened to me play it for her. We took her paw prints in a cement stone so I could always treasure it. And after I said "goodbye" to her she left my house and went in with my boyfriend. He said that before they went in to the vet hospital, he let her sniff the flowers outside and put a caterpillar near her nose.

Saying bye to her was so hard, like you said it was brutal. But, I'm so happy to have had her. And I am now at peace knowing that she's not in such horrible pain any more. Like MR said she's at rainbrow bridge.

I was very lucky to have had her. She was the perfect cat.

Oh what a cutie!!! You just know she's watching over you now.

ps I wouldn't have been able to go in with her either.

Oh what a cutie!!! You just know she's watching over you now.

ps I wouldn't have been able to go in with her either.

Thats understandable.

My thoughts on it was i didnt want them to be alone. Dying alone isnt good and mentally it helped me knowing i was the last thing it saw or felt.

One of the hardest things i've ever done though. Burying my friends and big brother was easier.

Thats understandable.

My thoughts on it was i didnt want them to be alone. Dying alone isnt good and mentally it helped me knowing i was the last thing it saw or felt.

One of the hardest things i've ever done though. Burying my friends and big brother was easier.

Oh I wasn't aiming at you at all!! My dad was the one to bring my first dog to the vet on her last day, possibly my sister could've gone too, but no way my mom or I would've been able to. But if no one else could be there, I certainly would be!

Oh I wasn't aiming at you at all!! My dad was the one to bring my first dog to the vet on her last day, possibly my sister could've gone too, but no way my mom or I would've been able to. But if no one else could be there, I certainly would be!

Haha i didnt take any aim :) just providing insight to why i wanted to go.

I never had pets when growing up so i bond hard with the ones i do now as an adult :)

Haha i didnt take any aim :) just providing insight to why i wanted to go.

I never had pets when growing up so i bond hard with the ones i do now as an adult :)

It's one of the thing I'm most looking forward to once I get a house. 2 hours away (to my parents') is too far right now!

I tell ya, living with women drives me up the wall somedays.

In addition to studying i also spend my time sorting through our house, purging stuff and packing stuff up. We're likely looking to move a little more central in the fall to make it less of a commute for her to go to work and less of one for me with school and possibly walk to school as well.

So im going through some of our closets and must be over 60 pairs of shoes to my 6.

90% of the nick knack type crap in here is hers. Im a minimalist and unless i use it often or at least once in a two year period i ditch it. Not her

We're having a come to jesus meeting this weekend :D

It might be the cliché for women to have all the shoes, but it's the opposite in our house. My husband has casual shoes, running shoes, basketball shoes, bike shoes x2, waterproof shoes, hiking boots, work boots, sandals x2, fancy shoes, extra fancy shoes, etc, etc. A shoe for every perceivable occasion.

My dad abruptly woke up in the morning to announce that he was going to buy me a hybrid car. He tends to do whacky and impulsive things without thinking first. It was a nice gesture but I told him I'll have no use for a car for a couple of years. Did I shoot myself in the foot? Probably, but I think it would be a financially bad move to buy a car right now.

Almost done one assignment (that I should have finished a few weeks ago). It's amazing how a few different curveballs really throws off your timing of things.

I wanted to thank aaron, michelle, and mm88 for their advice wrt my butt/thigh decreasing problem. aaron- in order to decrease the amount of muscle by not doing anything, I would probably have to completely stop doing everything for several months (if not a year or more). Highly impractical given that I'll be training after a two week break soon. Also, I don't want the "flabby" look before the hot/sexy lean look! lol! It's basically what I figured. Just overall weight/fat loss. I was just hoping there was some way to actually fix the way the muscle decided to form from the way I skate. Even when I was at my thinnest back when I was 14, I still hated the way my legs/butt looked. I guess I just have to live with what I created after tens of thousands of hours on the ice (yes, literally). And I suppose, having a bodacious booty is better than no booty at all;)

Went for a swim the other day (as part of the insane amount of cardio I'm going to be doing).... I am a complete fish out of water when I'm in the water. I cannot swim (probably doesn't help I'm terrified of drowning:o). I do love swimming, however, so I'll be having a death grip on the flutter board as I'm doing lengths :o. If you see me in the pool, please don't mock me, pity me instead! lol!

Need to decide ASAP where I'm going (or more precisely, how to convince my parents where I want to go is a good thing and I'm not "abandoning them" and that yes, I have actually thought this through, contrary to what they may believe). Getting super stoked to actually be moving out though! A month from now I'll be prepping my car for THE BIG MOVE :D

Archived