Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what happened my friend?

Its just that some injuries don't want to go away. I hurt my lower back by doing deadlifts (thanks to my ego and bad form). Now after 5 months I was doing squats with relatively low weight and my lower back gives out :mad: now I am sitting at home, unable to even touch my toes due to back pain. Damn it, I am too young to have back pain :mad:

Its just that some injuries don't want to go away. I hurt my lower back by doing deadlifts (thanks to my ego and bad form). Now after 5 months I was doing squats with relatively low weight and my lower back gives out :mad: now I am sitting at home, unable to even touch my toes due to back pain. Damn it, I am too young to have back pain :mad:

Deadlifts seem to be killing everyones backs out there. I enjoy them haha.

Yeah, first guy has really bad technique. Last guy got his hips too high and a bit of a rounded back, but it was a max effort lift for him (500 pounds), so it's normal. Me and frank were fine (though frank was losing his arch on his last reps, normal again).

Except the first guy, none of the guys were in any danger of hurting their back, that happens either with a rounded lower back (rounded upper back is fine) or if your back changes position during the lift. None of us have ever hurt our back deadlifting, you gotta know what you're doing.

I know what I am doing and I have hurt myself before. If not knowing what you're doing that causes the problems. It's losing concentration and focus for a split second that does it.

When you're dealing with poundages of 5 bills and up one moment of misplaced through is the different between a good pull and a week in bed.

Yeah, first guy has really bad technique. Last guy got his hips too high and a bit of a rounded back, but it was a max effort lift for him (500 pounds), so it's normal. Me and frank were fine (though frank was losing his arch on his last reps, normal again).

Except the first guy, none of the guys were in any danger of hurting their back, that happens either with a rounded lower back (rounded upper back is fine) or if your back changes position during the lift. None of us have ever hurt our back deadlifting, you gotta know what you're doing.

I was just going to say, karim (obviously you?) has the best technique, cos your back is arched, that's rare to see lol. The rest scare me a little.

I know what I am doing and I have hurt myself before. If not knowing what you're doing that causes the problems. It's losing concentration and focus for a split second that does it.

When you're dealing with poundages of 5 bills and up one moment of misplaced through is the different between a good pull and a week in bed.

+1, I wasn't thinking when I was squatting and next thing I knew my lower back was rounded.

I've been training for a push-pull this fall! Been getting really lean lately, which is pretty cool. I like to think of training as practice, but the other guys I train with won't have any of it. People are hard headed when it comes to technique.

Yeah and they pay for it in results. That's great to hear though! Keep it going haha.

Good news about my cat. :) His biopsy came back negative for cancer. :) He does have a lot of inflammation and white blood cells, but pretty much what you would expect from a vaccination reaction. The vet did say his immune system seemed to be hyperactive, so he may be susceptible to allergies or autoimmune disease later in life, but as he's still young (he'll be 5 in September), that he should be fine.

Of course, if the lump doesn't go away after another month, they'll surgically remove it and biopsy the lump completely, as opposed to the fine needle aspiration they did. But she also said that, for a lot of cats, when they have vaccination reactions, the lump can stick around for weeks, and then all of a sudden just disappear.

So good news. :) The lump still hasn't changed - it's neither larger nor smaller - but I feel so much better having had the fine needle aspiration done.

How awesome!!! Big sigh of relief, MR.

So it's 3:45am. Still awake. Not really tired. Stressed about everything I have to do in the next couple of days. Turns out almost all the places I found online either don't have availability until late August or September (or are just a huge ***** on the other end of the line. If you treat potential tenants like that (whom you need to "lure" in so you get $$$), how rude are you to your actual tenants?!?!) Bah. Found another 12. Hopefully a few more of these have places. Otherwise I might have very slim pickings for an apartment :S

I also need to be up in about 4 hours so I can call the potential places before I have to do all my errands tomorrow (since Thursday is a write off and Friday I leave for Toronto). There really needs to either be 30 hours in a day, or I need a time-turner. Seriously. I'm going to be one severely sleep deprived new resident of Toronto in like ten days! Lol!

Are you just showing up without having a place to stay/live yet?

So it's 3:45am. Still awake. Not really tired. Stressed about everything I have to do in the next couple of days. Turns out almost all the places I found online either don't have availability until late August or September (or are just a huge ***** on the other end of the line. If you treat potential tenants like that (whom you need to "lure" in so you get $$$), how rude are you to your actual tenants?!?!) Bah. Found another 12. Hopefully a few more of these have places. Otherwise I might have very slim pickings for an apartment :S

I also need to be up in about 4 hours so I can call the potential places before I have to do all my errands tomorrow (since Thursday is a write off and Friday I leave for Toronto). There really needs to either be 30 hours in a day, or I need a time-turner. Seriously. I'm going to be one severely sleep deprived new resident of Toronto in like ten days! Lol!

I hope you find a place! I can't even begin to imagine trying to find a place in a city as huge as Toronto. Good luck!

Good luck to you for finding a place! It's so stressful.

So here is the kit kat situation...

I'm waiting to hear that she's okay after seeing a vet on Friday before miss Persia is sent to me. If everything is well, then she is going to be sent to me. I'm crossing my fingers she's healthy. With all likelihood she's doing fine, she's just small. I mean, I'm small for my age too so I know what it's like to be the little one :)

I just got a photo of her today. I'm on my iPhone right now so I'll link you all to her photo later in the day.

We have received a couple more tips regarding my bfs cat. We haven't found him yet but are still looking whenever we hear something. They all seem to stem from one area, we had two tips yesterday, but he's always on the move (if it is him) so we feel like we are always one step behind.

Dedicating today towards my application. I get really pyscho when I work on projects and deadlines are approaching. Should be interesting.

Good health vibes for Persia!! I hope it works out :) And I really hope you can finally find your bfs cat and he's healthy.

Planning a trip to lac St-Jean with my sister next week. My mom's family lives there, but I haven't been in probably 10 years or so as her mom has some form of dementia and I find it extremely difficult to see her now :( We're bringing our bikes and staying at a youth hostel right on the bike path that goes around the lake so it should be fun! We'll possibly go visit the St-Felicien zoo where we haven't been since I was around 10 years old. I've never been on a trip with my sister, I'm excited.

Archived