Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't realize you were not pass/fail, I guess it adds to motivation. :confused:

I think it sucks.. Goal really is to learn the information for later on, but having grades means even though they might not count for much, you'll still see them on your transcript. And it makes it more competitive within the class too. I don't get it.

The test of character is to fight the fight when down and discouraged. I have been in your shoes. I lost self-confidence with a really poor MCAT score despite having worked hard preparing all summer. :mad: I had no choice but to shake it off and continue to work as hard as possible, otherwise my discouragement would have become a self-fulfilling prophesy turning into as downward spiral. Life does not work always the way be wish or plan. Things happen. We must adjust and move forward as best we can. Many of us have been in your shoes. Just shake it off, focus and do what you must!

I guess I never realized this happens to others. I feel like some people have never seen a bad grade in their life and maybe they haven't but it's nice to know others have !

Thanks alot :)

ooh. I thought all schools in Canada were P/F (or H/P/F). Guess you learn something new every day.

Maybe I'm mistaken (I'd love to be!!!), but I'm pretty sure in 1st & 2nd year we get letter grades (at least there's a document that has how they compute the letters.. it's not set % grades, it's based on mean and standard deviation I think). And our premed year which is kinda med (we automatically promote to 1st year when passing and we get the med LOCs) but not really has marks too but these shouldn't normally count as they aren't the same program code but who knows.

I guess I never realized this happens to others. I feel like some people have never seen a bad grade in their life and maybe they haven't but it's nice to know others have !

Thanks alot :)

Everybody here loves to discuss their successes. I am a poster child for failures/detours that took years on the way to medicine. :P I overcame with time and these detours made me stronger. :) If I had to the choice to relive my life and I could avoid these trials and save years, I would take life exactly as it played out! Why? It all made me who I am. Throughout it all, my motivation remained intact b/c I stayed focused on the goal. Tough times in life, and this includes as a student, are normal. We learn far more about life and about ourselves from our failures. :)

Last point: It really makes no difference over your lifetime if you start med school 5 years sooner or later. Your contribution will still be substantial and you should enjoy the journey, even the very hard part.

I am going to PM you to discuss an idea.

In Northern BC, where i live! Big snowflakes!

Just watching the snowflakes falling, drinking some hot tea :)

I love winter <3

Oh my god jealous!!! We had a very thick layer of frost and fog today, I'm hoping for snow! I miss it and I want to start x-country skiing since I finally got my own boots, poles and skis!

(ps best deal ever...a teacher at my college sold me the skis and poles for TEN DOLLARS last winter and I just got boots at a ski swap for $35! Isn't that insane?!?!)

Oh my god jealous!!! We had a very thick layer of frost and fog today, I'm hoping for snow! I miss it and I want to start x-country skiing since I finally got my own boots, poles and skis!

(ps best deal ever...a teacher at my college sold me the skis and poles for TEN DOLLARS last winter and I just got boots at a ski swap for $35! Isn't that insane?!?!)

That's awesome! I'm totally jealous too since I plan to start skiing this winter :P

That's awesome! I'm totally jealous too since I plan to start skiing this winter :P

Im hoping i canrecover quick from my double knee surgery so i can get in some significant boarding time!!

Nothing like carving down a hill with tunes flowing into your ears. Such relaxation :)

Everybody here loves to discuss their successes. I am a poster child for failures/detours that took years on the way to medicine. :P I overcame with time and these detours made me stronger. :) If I had to the choice to relive my life and I could avoid these trials and save years, I would take life exactly as it played out! Why? It all made me who I am. Throughout it all, my motivation remained intact b/c I stayed focused on the goal. Tough times in life, and this includes as a student, are normal. We learn far more about life and about ourselves from our failures. :)

Last point: It really makes no difference over your lifetime if you start med school 5 years sooner or later. Your contribution will still be substantial and you should enjoy the journey, even the very hard part.

I'd like to hear it.

And everything you said is so true, thanks soo much for the inspiration lol. <3

I try to avoid winter as long as possible. Please keep the snow where you are and don't let it come east!

+10000000!!

I hate winter. Specially snow. The only thing I was looking forward to was cross-country skying, but now with my surgery hopefully happening before Christmas, let's say it won't be this year.

I'm sitting here watching re-runs of The Big Band on WSBK with the closed captioning on and feeling really sorry for people who are deaf.

The closed captioning sucks. The characters speak so quickly that the closed captioning doesn't keep up (it's either some slowpoke typing or voice recognition and it's not good either way), and they miss most of the jokes.

Why can't they caption it ahead of time so they get it all and get it right? I'd do that job in my off hours . . . .

A lot of truth to this. Failure is painted negatively as shameful, etc way too often. There's no such thing as learning or life without failure, and while it may be painful when you go through it, looking back, it's almost always important & rewarding. It's like a vaccination - not so pleasant to get, but very important indeed! I love this post, just thought I would let you know :).

Something I always like to remember (famous failures):

I'm sitting here watching re-runs of The Big Band on WSBK with the closed captioning on and feeling really sorry for people who are deaf.

The closed captioning sucks. The characters speak so quickly that the closed captioning doesn't keep up (it's either some slowpoke typing or voice recognition and it's not good either way), and they miss most of the jokes.

Why can't they caption it ahead of time so they get it all and get it right? I'd do that job in my off hours . . . .

Now I'm watching The Cell with the closed captioning and they keep describing the background noise as HALLOW TONES.

Hallow? Really?

Closed captioning sucks! The hearing impaired are getting screwed over!

Archived