Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I can see if young people were following a religion where sex was not allowed before marriage, that there would be more of a rush to get married.

In other news, I the wind died down yesterday and I thought it has warmed up to ~ minus18, but it turns out it was just the wind was gone, and I was actually walking around in -33 without gloves on.

I do not understand why there aren't digital thermometers posted everywhere in this town. It would only make sense. I've never really experienced these types of temps, or this kind of dryness, and I have no idea what is what. I'm used to understanding the weather and this is just a little unfamiliar. :)

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Financially stable is a good start lol I don't want to wait TOO long personally. I think if you've known the person long enough (4-5 years) and you've lived together/been through alot and are just right then why not? You can't keep holding off until EVERY thing is perfect, that'll NEVER happen. You just have to take a leap of faith. Obviously you need some basics like money prepared lol. but all in all, I'm so for marriage, aha. I can't wait.

Just celebrated my 5th year anniversary with my bf on Nov 17th :D

Realistically, I think we both need to feel sound in terms of career path before taking that step. Until then, we are moving in together (this week, actually!). And as long as we're together, I'm pretty happy.

It will happen one day.

One step at a time. No rush.

I'm actually pretty terrified about hosting a wedding. I don't like wedding ceremonies :S !!

I would be very shy. I think a small Vegas wedding might work best haha.

Today; I am painting two large fridge boxes red.

It is going to become an airplane!

Or a train!

*thumbs up*

I'm going to have coffee with my very sophisticated "little sister" today. I'm a BBBS volunteer and my lil sis wants to be a singer one day. Around her, I swear, I have to step up my wardrobe/makeup attire. She is one stylish 14 year old.

I am SO AMPED for Crosby's return tonight. I havent seen this kind of frenzy since Lemieux's '93 return from cancer.

So exciting!! And, he gets the first goal to boot.

Welcome back Sid. We've missed you...

He's added and 2 assists to his goal.

Crosby is by far my favourite overall player in the NHL. He's got great agility, speed, hockey-smarts, and his skating is phenomenal (and that's coming from a figure skater). Definitely way better than Ovechkin (even when Ovie was at his best). Ovechkin is an "all about me" player- if he isn't scoring, no one is (as evidenced by Caps' overall lack of offense this season). Crosby, if he isn't scoring, chances are someone else on his line is. 2 goals, 4 point night. Yup, I think he was ready to come back;)

Do any of the French speakers here have any books to recommend in an advanced level ? So no petit prince stuff lol

Umm, you could always try reading like Harry Potter or something like that in French. Harder than Le Petit Prince (so good in French!), but still easy enough you aren't going to be looking up every second word. Also, Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon by Jean Dominique Beauby is a good read. He had locked-in-syndrome after a stroke and "wrote" the entire book by blinking. It's non-fiction about his life before and after his stroke (and locked-in-syndrome). He died 10 days after the book was published. A really good read (in English or French. English- it's The Divingbell and the Butterfly).

I am listening while studying

I was doing that... But every game I watched of the Oilers, they lost. Every game I didn't they won, so I stopped watching because I thought I was jinxing it. They went on like a 5 game win-streak. But then they went on a bit of a losing streak when I wasn't watching... So I think I'm ok to do that again! :D

I've started the countdown... In exactly 4 weeks my exams will be over! *sigh*

2 weeks today mine starts. 3 weeks today it's done. 7 exams, 7days. Not fun. Month long holiday though! I guess that *kind of* makes up for it.

*gets back to studying so there's no panic in a week/week-and-a-half's-time*:rolleyes:

Umm, you could always try reading like Harry Potter or something like that in French. Harder than Le Petit Prince (so good in French!), but still easy enough you aren't going to be looking up every second word. Also, Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon by Jean Dominique Beauby is a good read. He had locked-in-syndrome after a stroke and "wrote" the entire book by blinking. It's non-fiction about his life before and after his stroke (and locked-in-syndrome). He died 10 days after the book was published. A really good read (in English or French. English- it's The Divingbell and the Butterfly).

I can take on challenge though, I've been in an all french school and all french environment all my life up until recently (university) and am beginning to lose some of my french so I need books!

Sounds cool but i'm more girly in my books... i like romance/dreamer type stuff, LOL!

I can take on challenge though, I've been in an all french school and all french environment all my life up until recently (university) and am beginning to lose some of my french so I need books!

Sounds cool but i'm more girly in my books... i like romance/dreamer type stuff, LOL!

Wish I could help... I probably own less than 10 French books, including 3 compilations of Molière's plays! Have you read Cyrano de Bergerac? The only others I have are Alexandre Jardin books.. not really challenging, but they're great.

Wish I could help... I probably own less than 10 French books, including 3 compilations of Molière's plays! Have you read Cyrano de Bergerac? The only others I have are Alexandre Jardin books.. not really challenging, but they're great.

haha yes i have, loved it! I love plays in general.

cnb, aaronjw, hockey fans...

Holy crap.

Crosby completely dominated :eek:

Indeed. That's why I was so excited for him to come back, even though I'm not a fan of the penguins (although malkin is my favorite player). Crosby is by far the best player in the game. Welcome back Cindy!

cnb, aaronjw, hockey fans...

Holy crap.

Crosby completely dominated

Of course! :D I've been a hockey fan FOREVER. I bleed Oil ;)

I probably would have played hockey too (in addition to figure skating), but my parents made me decide between hockey and figure skating... and I decided on figure skating. I love figure skating, but given the choice of watching a figure skating event or a hockey game, 9 times out of 10 (especially now..... not a huge fan of most of the skaters now) I'll pick the hockey game. If someone I want to see is skating, I'll flip to the station, watch them, then flip back to hockey :D

I'm the girl that's yelling at the TV during the games :o

EDIT: wow... smiley overload....

Archived