Premed 101 Forums

How do I look?

In my first two years I really didn’t know if I wanted to go to med school, so I didn’t really care about my marks... until I hit third year... where I had a epiphany and realized med school is for me... I ask of you what has been asked by several people on these forums... how is my competiveness? Any suggestions are welcomed.

1st year- 3.6 (5.0 credits- full course load)

2nd year- 3.34 (4.5 credits- not including summer course) or 3.41 (5.5 credits- including summer course)

Third year I turned it up a gear...

3rd year- 3.84 (5.0 credits- full course load)

Going into 4th year....

Writing MCAT this summer...

Hi there 4 lyfe nice job in 3rd year... by the looks of it you don’t have a chance at any medical schools other than UWO. Try destroying the MCAT and they will offer you a conditional acceptance as long as you meet their GPA requirement for 4th year.

BTW for the other two noobs who provided insignificant help, you two should be ashamed of yourself. It is people like you who ruin forums that people rely on. I hope that 4 lyfe gets into medical school then comes back onto these forums to shut people like you two up. Why don’t you become a plow man you dumb ***. I feel sorry for your patients! You two are a disgrace to mankind and human existence!

BTW for the other two noobs who provided insignificant help, you two should be ashamed of yourself. It is people like you who ruin forums that people rely on. I hope that 4 lyfe gets into medical school then comes back onto these forums to shut people like you two up. Why don’t you become a plow man you dumb ***. I feel sorry for your patients! You two are a disgrace to mankind and human existence!

Wow, lots of anger. MCAT prep not going too well, I take it?

Hi there 4 lyfe nice job in 3rd year... by the looks of it you don’t have a chance at any medical schools other than UWO. Try destroying the MCAT and they will offer you a conditional acceptance as long as you meet their GPA requirement for 4th year.

..."disgrace to mankind and human existence"? a bit too much, perhaps?

The reason why they provided sarcasm instead of help is probably because everyone is tired of these random "What are my chances", "How am I doing", "Am I competitive" threads... If people are unable to figure out their chances for themselves, or lack the initiative to do so, then why bother applying?

This needs to be nominated for an award. What an ending!

Dear nananana (BATMAN!),

Your opinion really matters to me and I'm sorry I upset your feelings and my future patients. Could you please critique my past posts and let me know what implications they will have on practising medicine? I sincerely uphold your thoughts and opinions with utmost esteem. Please help me be more like you: a supreme human being.

Sincerely,

Your understudy

Guest viscous
In my first two years I really didn’t know if I wanted to go to med school, so I didn’t really care about my marks... until I hit third year... where I had a epiphany and realized med school is for me... I ask of you what has been asked by several people on these forums... how is my competiveness? Any suggestions are welcomed.

1st year- 3.6 (5.0 credits- full course load)

2nd year- 3.34 (4.5 credits- not including summer course) or 3.41 (5.5 credits- including summer course)

Third year I turned it up a gear...

3rd year- 3.84 (5.0 credits- full course load)

Going into 4th year....

Writing MCAT this summer...

sorry to braek the bubble, 3.84 will help no where except UWO, Queens or Dal. And its not really that much either.

sorry guys, but I have to go with nananananana on this one. How dare you possibly make a joke to an anonymous random on the internet. The internet was invented to help people, not to jest at those who are in desperate need for advice--the kind of advice you receive from total strangers and keep with you for the rest of your life.

You both should specialize in pathology - because your patients are pretty much good as dead anyways, once you've had your way with them.

c'mon guys, give them two a break... smile was just referring to the somewhat ambiguous title " How do I look? " and AdamP was just referring to an older thread that had a similar topic... potentially out of frustration

As for the question itself: you might want to consider doing a 5th year, to have at least three years with 3.8+ gpa, that might widen you chances at more schools.

sorry guys, but I have to go with nananananana on this one. How dare you possibly make a joke to an anonymous random on the internet. The internet was invented to help people, not to jest at those who are in desperate need for advice--the kind of advice you receive from total strangers and keep with you for the rest of your life.

I think the frustration sets in because if the OP bothered to even search a small number of threads he would find numerous ones discussing people who are in the exact same situation as him/her. I mean, how many times are people expected to give the exact same advice to numerous, similar posts. That is why there is a sticky at the top of this forum to answer these types of questions for people who are unable to research the issue themselves.

I think the frustration sets in because if the OP bothered to even search a small number of threads he would find numerous ones discussing people who are in the exact same situation as him/her. I mean, how many times are people expected to give the exact same advice to numerous, similar posts. That is why there is a sticky at the top of this forum to answer these types of questions for people who are unable to research the issue themselves.

I was being 100% sarcastic. I thought that was evident in my word choice, lol

Wow, the jerks are coming out of the woodwork on this one, haha. It seems as though these 2 people made accounts just to call out some people on the internet:

but it looks like your cliche comeback dispenser is working perfectly

Wow, the jerks are coming out of the woodwork on this one, haha. It seems as though these 2 people made accounts just to call out some people on the internet:

maybe people starting to come here as it is getting closer to that Day!

• 4 weeks later...

As previously mentioned,

Post count for nanananana - 3

Post count for AdamP - 205

Post count for smile - 250

Indeed, AdamP and smile are a disgrace to mankind and human existence for posting so much on premed101!

Back on topic: As previously mentioned by other posters, even if the OP maintains a high GPA in fourth year, chances are still slim. Keep in mind that the average matriculant GPA for most med schools is now 3.8-3.9. How close you are to the cut-off will depend on how a given school calculates the GPA. You may want to start thinking about going the grad school route.

Archived