Premed 101 Forums

AAMC practice test info

newton13

I haven't used those exams for 2 years so things might have changed but from what I remember, your score from each test is saved but you can write the test as many times you want a-new. I think access expires after 6 months or something like that, then you have to buy again.

I haven't used those exams for 2 years so things might have changed but from what I remember, your score from each test is saved but you can write the test as many times you want a-new. I think access expires after 6 months or something like that, then you have to buy again.

It was 12 months when I bought them last year, and yeah you can take them over and over again if you like.

anyone know how they are scored?? are their scaled scores accurate?? because the practice tests (except for the VR which im terrible at :( ) seem much easier than the kalpan ones I have been taking... I wonder if the real MCAT is pretty similar to the AAMC ?? one would assume... ?

the first time i wrote the MCAT i was getting high 20s low 30s on the AAMC tests and my actual score was waaaaaay lower! hahaha! I got completely psyched out by the whole situation and too nervous to concentrate. I couldn't even finish the PS and VR in time :P

I think the AAMC tests are the most like the real test in terms of format but nothing compares to the real test day with nerves. Just be nice and calm and don't get freaked out by everyone else taking the test(like i did :D ) and you'll do great and probably get a score very close to your prep tests \

Good luck!!!

Archived