Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist is moving!

Apparently there's still hope! I was accepted earlier this morning. I've already signed a lease and registered for classes next year at Western :confused: what a hassle! but its well worth it!!! :o still in shock!

Got in today too!

Millosolo, just curious. What steps are you taking to cancel all the agreements to study at Western? I'm in a similar situation but mine is slightly more complicated since its an international school

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 'waitlist' letter today (guess I was part of the last interviews). How does the waitlist work? I thought they add all the candidates who are waitlisted and then after sending out the acceptance letters, they start moving the waitlist. Obviously that does not seem to be the case. I guess earlier the interview the chances are better to get off the waitlist. Is my assumption correct? Does this mean that for those of us who got the waitlist letter today the chances are lower???

I got my 'waitlist' letter today (guess I was part of the last interviews). How does the waitlist work? I thought they add all the candidates who are waitlisted and then after sending out the acceptance letters, they start moving the waitlist. Obviously that does not seem to be the case. I guess earlier the interview the chances are better to get off the waitlist. Is my assumption correct? Does this mean that for those of us who got the waitlist letter today the chances are lower???

? All Ontario schools send out notices of decision on May 15. How could you have been waitlisted today? Also, as far as I know, it makes no difference when you interview...

They do send out acceptances first, then move through the waitlist. Partway through the summer they tell the ppl who are very low that they are unlikely to get in. They did that already, it seems.

I actually had my interview with Queens and UofT in the last week of May and with McMaster and Western in the first week of June (along with several others on the same days). So the decision date of May 15 is not right.

After seeing the posts here about waitlist moving, I am wondering how this works - do they offer waitlisted candidates from previous interviews even before they complete all the interviews?

Acutally, same here. I had an med interview with UofT in late May due to scheduling conflicts with my finals/other school interviews and some other personal stuff.

May 15 is not accurate. It might be accurate for the majority of the applicants but not everyone. Yes, most interviews are conducted in spring but not all due to extenuating circumstances.

I'm waitlisted myself. I'm wondering how this waitlist works?

I'm an international student and i was interviewed by the Queens Admissions Committee in the last week of May. Unfortunately, I was rejected but under some circumstances, interviews are conducted outside of the spring slots.

But, you two bring up a good point. How does the waitlist work? Based on the applicant's overall score?

Acutally, same here. I had an med interview with UofT in late May due to scheduling conflicts with my finals/other school interviews and some other personal stuff.

May 15 is not accurate. It might be accurate for the majority of the applicants but not everyone. Yes, most interviews are conducted in spring but not all due to extenuating circumstances.

I'm waitlisted myself. I'm wondering how this waitlist works?

I'm an international student and i was interviewed by the Queens Admissions Committee in the last week of May. Unfortunately, I was rejected but under some circumstances, interviews are conducted outside of the spring slots.

But, you two bring up a good point. How does the waitlist work? Based on the applicant's overall score?

troll (10 char)

lol, this is so lame. queens does not accept international students.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I thought I should clear it up because I don't want to confuse medhopefuls out there.

I am a landed immigrant. I did my under-graduate studies outside of Canada thereby I considered myself as an international student. I guess I shouldn't have written "International student" rather I should have written "with International credentials". Sorry if I threw people off.

Note:--For people who have completed their undergrad outside of Canada but are landed immigrants are still eligible to apply to medical schools in Canada (Queens included)

Thanksss for your "lame" comment. champion_forever. :)

Archived