Premed 101 Forums

May 29: waitlist movement?

confusing.. why would ottawa decide to do that this year when every other year they have started calling on may 29th? surely they must have some firm rejections by now and can start to fill those spaces..

what would be the point of waiting until june 13th?

all i can thank of for why they would wait till june 12th is that if they wait till then to offer spots off the waitlist, then it improves their stats because everyone left on the list will not have accepted an offer at another IP school and is very likely to accept a spot from ottawa if offered

hmm...I am really confused. I just called because I am going psycho and I'm not sure who I spoke with...they put me on hold and then came back and said "all i can tell you is that we are calling on a daily basis" and I said starting now..answer was YES....

I can't say for sure that she knew what she was talking about because like I said, I was put on hold while she went to ask. gaaah :eek:

did nobody read this/have any thoughts on it? ...could anybody confirm if it's true??

its hard to believe that ottawa would actually make everyone on the waitlist wait until the 13th

dont the med schools in ontario have some sort of agreement that ALL SCHOOLS offer off of the waitlist during the same weeks (may 29-june 13) so that people who provisionally accept can find out about other waitlists before their acceptance at one school becomes firm?

its hard to believe that ottawa would actually make everyone on the waitlist wait until the 13th

dont the med schools in ontario have some sort of agreement that ALL SCHOOLS offer off of the waitlist during the same weeks (may 29-june 13) so that people who provisionally accept can find out about other waitlists before their acceptance at one school becomes firm?

that makes complete sense... what happens if someone provisionally accepted another school but was hoping to get in off ottawas waitlist. if ottawa waits til the 13th to accept waitlisted ppl than essentially that person gets screwed out of a spot since the provisional becomes firm after june 13. surely that can't be ottawas strategy... to leave those ppl high and dry... not to mention the other waitlisted like myself and I presume you guys and gals! somethin fishy here.......

call me crazy but this uncertainty is causing me to go through quite the emotional rollercoaster. i really hope the waitlist will start moving soon.

I go to work thinking about waitlist movement throughout the day.

check my email right before i leave work just in case.

come home rushing to the answering machine and hearing "zero messages".

disappointment.

i really hope this doesn't become a routine till the end of the summer.

I just went to the faculty retreat, the 14 new spots are confirmed for 2010, not 2009. A MD/phD program with 4 spots will also open in 2010.

good luck to those still waiting, you time will come, a couple of days here and there won't make a difference at this point.

Hey guys

Ill send out a private message on the meds 2013 facebook group and ask if anyone who recently joined was accepted off the waitlist. I dont know if ppl will respond but if they do, ill let u know (without mentioning names of course). This will atleast confirm if the waitlist is moving or not,

hope this helps

Archived