Premed 101 Forums

Required courses in the summer?

Hello everyone :D :D

I have a question, sorry if its been asked before....

Do you guys know if taking your required courses in the summer while maintaining a full courseload during hte year is a problem? Lets say organic chem for example or physiology? (at U of T)

I read in several places that they do not look at the marks you do in the summer? Is that a good or a bad thing?

Hello everyone :D :D

I have a question, sorry if its been asked before....

Do you guys know if taking your required courses in the summer while maintaining a full courseload during hte year is a problem? Lets say organic chem for example or physiology? (at U of T)

I read in several places that they do not look at the marks you do in the summer? Is that a good or a bad thing?

you can do prerequisites in the summer. some schools may not count the grade towards gpa, but they will count it towards having completed the requirement.

good or bad is up to you. if you suck at organic chem then probably best to do it in the summer. you'll fulfill the requirement and save yourself from having a bad grade counted in your GPA for some schools. if you end up getting a 4.0 then that's good, but bad that it wont boost your GPA for those schools as it wont be counted.

Archived