Premed 101 Forums

newbie non trad.... please help

Hi guys,

Am newbie, actually i am an international undergrad which is actually a two year undergrad, i need advice in this regard because i have a humanities background, i know that i need to do a second udergrad degree but not sure which courses to take... as i am resident of alberta, i would be applying to two of the med school when am done with my second... kindly help me out of this in order to take which courses and also which courses tend to give you high GPA, there's also one thing that i can only take online courses as i work too, thinking of athabasca:rolleyes: .

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey,

I would check out the list of required and recommended courses for U of A and U of C to get started. I can tell you right now that you have to take 2 semesters of general chemistry, 2 semesters of organic chemistry, 1 semester of biochemistry, 2 semesters of physics, 1 semester of statistics, 2 semester of biology, and 2 semesters of English for U of A. These courses also happen to be among those recommended by U of C. Once you've got a list of what you must take and what you would benefit from taking, you can explore the course offerings at Athabasca and other schools. You should be able to take all the required courses for U of A at Athabasca without a problem, but to finish the actual degree at AU you might have to take a small # of non-distance courses as well - AU program requirements are on their website, as well.

Archived