Premed 101 Forums

ok this is really weird... i am not a student at UWO but after reading that Kitty got her status...I went back to my email where I was able get my OUAC number (for UWO application)...Using this OUAC number all applicants can retrieve their pin: https://studentservices.uwo.ca/secure/PIN/ChoosePIN.cfm

After retrieving the pin, I used it together with my uwo given student number (trish sent it to all in an email) to make a uwo account...now i can enter the student centre website but...my status is blank...i think blank means rejected :( since it would make sense to only fill in status for accepted tonight...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone else's status changed at the UWO Student Center website?

I have a green checkmark beside my application status too and I clicked on the "Accepted/Declined" link beside it and it says something along the lines of "We are pleased to offer you admission to the program below" and underneath it says Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry (D).

I hope this isn't a glitch...what a mean joke that would be lol

I have a green checkmark beside my application status too and I clicked on the "Accepted/Declined" link beside it and it says something along the lines of "We are pleased to offer you admission to the program below" and underneath it says Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry (D).

Yeah that's exactly happened with me. I hope its not a joke.

That's exactly what it says on mine too. It would be a cruel joke if it was a glitch...

how do we know what our student number is????

I don't go to western.. and get find any email where Trish emailed it to me!

I think Trish sent some information in the email for invitation of interview. You need to get pin number.

Hi everyone! I just found out I was accepted to Western! I'm really happy, but will stick with UofT, as that was my first choice. So I guess that's good news for those waitlisted - the list will move at least one spot for sure :).

My stats:

1st year: 3.88

2nd year: 3.89

3rd year: 3.93

4th year: 3.90

DAT: 22Bio, 22Chem, 22PAT, 20RC.

Good luck to everybody!

Hi everyone! I just found out I was accepted to Western! I'm really happy, but will stick with UofT, as that was my first choice. So I guess that's good news for those waitlisted - the list will move at least one spot for sure :).

My stats:

1st year: 3.88

2nd year: 3.89

3rd year: 3.93

4th year: 3.90

DAT: 22Bio, 22Chem, 22PAT, 20RC.

Good luck to everybody!

THANK YOU!

i just had a question..... what happens if you got accepted into one school but you got waitlisted on the school you really want to go to?

I'm from toronto and i want to continue with UofT but i'm placed #16th on the waitlist (and according to some, i have a good chance of getting in with the waitlist movement). I got accepted to UWO and it says that you have to accept/decline by july 3rd and make first payment by August 15th. Does anyone know if you can still reject after this date? ... if waitlist movement doesn't happen until mid-late of august ... what to do?

Stats:

1st: 3.74

2nd: 3.97

3rd:3.97

4th: 3.92

27Bio, 21Chem, AA22, RC19, PAT21

i just had a question..... what happens if you got accepted into one school but you got waitlisted on the school you really want to go to?

I'm from toronto and i want to continue with UofT but i'm placed #16th on the waitlist (and according to some, i have a good chance of getting in with the waitlist movement). I got accepted to UWO and it says that you have to accept/decline by july 3rd and make first payment by August 15th. Does anyone know if you can still reject after this date? ... if waitlist movement doesn't happen until mid-late of august ... what to do?

Stats:

1st: 3.74

2nd: 3.97

3rd:3.97

4th: 3.92

27Bio, 21Chem, AA22, RC19, PAT21

Yours is somewhat tricky situation. As if you don't take any step at UWO you are automatically declining their offer (though its better if someone can decline it earlier so that waitlisters can come in but your situation is different). But just think if by any chance you don't get admission at U of T you will regret why you didn't accept offer at UWO. If I am in your situation I will book my spot at UWO (get whatever you have in hand) and can change to U of T once you get admission there. Even if it makes me pay more I won't like to waste one year and lose high earning potential which is definitely much more than 1000$ that we have to pay initially.

Yours is somewhat tricky situation. As if you don't take any step at UWO you are automatically declining their offer (though its better if someone can decline it earlier so that waitlisters can come in but your situation is different). But just think if by any chance you don't get admission at U of T you will regret why you didn't accept offer at UWO. If I am in your situation I will book my spot at UWO (get whatever you have in hand) and can change to U of T once you get admission there. Even if it makes me pay more I won't like to waste one year and lose high earning potential which is definitely much more than 1000$ that we have to pay initially.

Thanks Kittyp, that's what I'm thinking of doing, I'm just not sure if it's possible to switch at any point? .. even after i've accepted uwo? (I know for med school... once you accept one, you drop out of all other waitlists or something like that)

are you guys are graduate students finishing up this summer? That might be the reason because they may wait for your guys final transcripts and something can prove you guys graduate this summer for sure.

yeah... me... no email and nothing on student centre....

nope i just finished 4th year at western. I'm thinking it has something to do with the whole graduate thing though. I think I might be somewhere in between getting an acceptance latter and getting waitlisted and depending on what happens with the graduates it could go either way.... Thats just a guess though, I wish I knew!~!

Archived